Menu

Another Christmas gift thread: DH's

Xuzi

My DH is notoriously difficult to shop for, mainly because he buys stuff he wants through the year, so that there's nothing left to get him by the time his birthday or Christmas rolls around. :glare: And he has 0 interest in sports, or hunting, or other typical "guy" things that stores put out a bunch of stuff for at Christmas time.

So any ideas on what to buy for difficult-to-buy-for DH's?

My dh is like that.

-random, interesting day calendars. Dilbert. Paper airplane a day. Etc...

-rubics-cube type manipulative puzzles. There was 1 with a sphere that had an interior maze/rolling ball thing that everyone played with last Christmas.

-electric blanket for watching tv and keeping toasty. That's what dh is getting this year. He likes to be completely comfortable. :)

-new cologne. That's our yearly tradition. He gets me perfume and I get him cologne.

I always just get him things he needs but never remembers to buy. Like slippers to replace the disgusting ones with holes that he clearly should have already replaced. Or new shoes. Or underwear or socks in his stocking.

One year I bought him a solo trip to Rome. There's no way I can ever top that, so now I feel totally not obliged to even try.

I offered to let him have my phone upgrade so he can get a new cell phone. LOL He isn't due until March.

Last year I got dh books on kayaking and some other items. He loved the books.

Year before, I got him a small ipod stereo for our bedroom (it is now in his office)

We don't do Christmas; but please let me say THANK YOU SO MUCH about the thinkgeek.com suggestion. I was trying to find something to buy my dad (in his 50s so still quite young) for another occasion and opened this thread as I felt it would be relevant and it definitely was :) I found the perfect gift for him :)