Menu

A pretty cool (but not perfect) iPad app for marking up PDFs on sale now.

Just started using this great app - but I havent figured out how to bookmark yet. Probably something simple I know. Can someone help guide me? How do I mark my place in a particularly long PDF, like a textbook. Thanks!!!

I think this is something the developers are working on but you can't do it right now. Fwiw I keep my teacher copies in iBooks so they will be bookmarked and just keep the student copies of things dd needs to write on in notability.

Guest Garrett

There's no way to bookmark pages yet, but it's something that we want to do. The next update (hopefully before Christmas) should have a better page navigator in it though :)

Garrett - Thankyou for stopping by. It is wonderful to be able to provide feedback direct to the developers and have them hear you and act :) I've just completed a post on my blog about ipad and how it's changing the way we homeschool. It certainly is the way of the future. My DD loves using Notability and we only found it a few days ago. It seems much better than some of the other annotation apps we have tried.

Spy Car - Great minds think alike regarding KISS. I've done the same thing :)

I prefer the notability app because of the zoom option for writing. Have you used the icon at the bottom to bring up the large box to write in.

Now that is a cool feature! I just tried it out on MEP 2A and it makes it much easier to fill in the answer.

I don't mind writing in that "zoom box" so much (although I would really prefer not to need to) it is the navigation tools that are necessary to get one in the right position to be able to write in the correct space that I can't stand. It is akin to navigating a word document using only "tab" and "return" keys rather than a mouse (or with an iPad, a finger). This makes the zoom box a pain IMO.

I was able to move the zoom box with my finger.

Edited by HiddenJewel

So I'm loving what I see of Notability and Dropbox.

What stylus works best with material like Math Mammoth and MEP or for taking notes in general?

I don't know if this one is the best option but it works well, is cheap and I didn't lose it the first day like the $20 one I bought from Best Buy.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WB7IAS/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_details

Garrett - I just found my first problem. One of my PDF's is missing the graphics. This happened to me when i first downloaded the file on my mac and i had to update my adobe reader. I did that and it worked no worries, but the graphics are missing when i look at it in Notability on the ipad.

Was it your math curriculum? I remember some recent threads about problems with a PDF math curriculum loading improperly on iPads and macs and requiring some sort of work around that is available on the publisher's website. I think it was either MEP or Math Mammoth but I'm not sure.

Was it your math curriculum? I remember some recent threads about problems with a PDF math curriculum loading improperly on iPads and macs and requiring some sort of work around that is available on the publisher's website. I think it was either MEP or Math Mammoth but I'm not sure.

Yes, MM. I managed to solve the problem on my Mac by updating adobe reader but i doesn't show on the ipad. Maybe i will check the MM site as you suggest and see if there is an alternate file.