Menu

cold brew in a jar or french press

Coffee started bothering my stomach, so I switched to the cowboy cold brew method-grounds soaked in water overnight and then filtered. It makes delicious concentrated coffee and is simple, but I'm wondering if the french press method produces even better coffee.

The resulting coffee is very different. Both methods are good, but if the acid in coffee is bothering your stomach the cold brew concentrate is your better bet.

Be careful not to OD on the concentrate. It tastes so good it is easy to consume too much and end up with a sleepless night.

Bill

The resulting coffee is very different. Both methods are good, but if the acid in coffee is bothering your stomach the cold brew concentrate is your better bet.

Be careful not to OD on the concentrate. It tastes so good it is easy to consume too much and end up with a sleepless night.

Bill

:iagree: Or a headache.

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that the nature of the way the coffee is brewed allows it to still taste fresh when stored as concentrate in the fridge for a few days.

Yes, it will last a week or so in the fridge. I believe the point was that it is a "process" and if you're out of concentrate you can't make more in a jiffy (so one needs to plan ahead).

Some of us caffeine-addicts get twitchy when there are potential impediments to our supply-chain ;) ;)

Bill (who is working on the last of the press-pot :tongue_smilie:)