Menu

Do you wear your wedding ring?

Tap

Do you wear your wedding ring?  

1. 1. Do you wear your wedding ring?

• Always, I have never taken it off (tattoo rings go here :0) )
    • Always, but I have taken it off for cleaning it, repair, surgery or another unavoidable reason
    • Almost always, but I take it off for gardening, cleaning the house, showers or other optional reason
    • Usually, if I remember to put it on.
    • Rarely, I wear it for specific events
    • Never, I haven't worn it in a while and don't plan to
    • I don't have a ring, but want one
    • I don't have a ring and don't want one

I take mine off at night -- my fingers swell at night and it feels uncomfortable by morning. I put it back on when I get dressed after my shower.

Sometimes I might forget but I always remember before leaving the house. I check if I'm wearing it the same way I make sure I have shoes on. I would just feel weird being out without it.

I do take it off to put on lotion b/c it's soldered to my engagement ring and lotion gets stuck in the diamond settings. I also take it off to knead bread or do messy stuff. Have a little dish on my dresser and on the kitchen window sill to set it in when it's off.

Dh NEVER takes his off. Ever. Good thing, b/c he'd lose it ten minutes after removing it. ;)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said occasionally for optional reasons, but I actually think it may have been mandatory to remove your ring in the Air Force when flying and performing certain duties around aircraft, I removed mine when I was in the Air Force and worked around aircraft. I do not remember if it was mandatory or just suggested.

My husband is a pilot, and removes his every time he flies.

I think he was shown too many gory pictures of people with their fingers ripped off from wearing their rings while working on engines or around aircraft, he will not allow anyone to help him work on our cars if they are wearing a ring. He is quite adamant about this.