Menu

Teens, texting, and after hours (late night) activity

Sorry! I was interrupted and the software won't let me post the poll. I'll try a second post. Please answer there.

Wondering what you all think about teens and activity after they are supposed to be in bed sleeping, for goodness sakes.

And does your general orientation to life affect how you answered this?

Please respond to my poll.

Thanks.

Edited by Valerie(TX)

what poll?

As long as DD is in her room, she can choose when she wants to sleep. School starts at 8am, no matter how long she stayed up. So, the occasional late night will lead to earlier bedtime the next evening. My kids have been self-regulating their sleeping time for many years.

I need a lot of sleep and am usually in bed before them.

Wondering what you all think about teens and activity after they are supposed to be in bed sleeping, for goodness sakes.

And does your general orientation to life affect how you answered this?

Please respond to my poll.

Thanks.

I don't see a poll, but we are not the norm. None of my kids get cell phones until they have jobs and pay for them. None of them are allowed to have TV or computers in their rooms. But they can and do sometimes stay up late reading or puttering.

Our computers all had separate accounts for each of the kids and all of them were set to shut off at 11pm. Dh and I were the only ones who could be on the computer past 11pm.

Oldest got her own laptop at 17yo and I didn't place any restriction on her laptop. I wanted her to learn how to deal with having a computer in her own room before being out of the house.

Once the oldest had her own laptop, I didn't need the restriction on the computers anymore. The other two are militant about their sleep.

Late night phone use has never been an issue here. They all turn their phones off and put them on chargers.