Menu

curricula that you like, but not your kids?

leeannpal

Oh, I would LOVE to use Cadron Creek's Where the Brook and River Meet, a unit study using the Anne of Green Gables series.

Unfortunately, not only are my children all too young for it (which will change), they're all the wrong gender. Pooh. I'm still looking at that Narnian Chronicles unit study, though...

I was going to do Anne of Green Gables with my boys. She isn't the only character in the book.

Some of my kids don't like R&S English. I make them do it anyway (level 5 and up) because I like the results. So I suppose it's not a case of being a bad fit; they just don't enjoy it. It's mainly the ones that were spoiled with FLL. My older kids who did R&S from level 3 (because FLL was not available back then) didn't complain quite as much.

Edited by Luann in ID

Rod & Staff math and English. They hate it; I love it. Adore it. I'm talking head-over-heels smitten!

They hate the repetition and the black and white books and the length of the lessons.

I love the structure and the rhythm of the lessons and the review, review, review and the thoroughness.

Did I mention I love it?!

*sigh*