Menu

The evidence is all on tape.

Yep, I was a mean mom.

DS pulled out our old videotapes. Most of them had me telling little DD, now 15 to stop. Put that down. Watch out for your dress. Don't squirt me, etc.

*sigh*

If only I was the kind of mom then that I am now. DD would be more affectionate, I am sure. No wonder.

I want a do over. :(:(

Guest submarines
Yep, I was a mean mom.

DS pulled out our old videotapes. Most of them had me telling little DD, now 15 to stop. Put that down. Watch out for your dress. Don't squirt me, etc.

*sigh*

If only I was the kind of mom then that I am now. DD would be more affectionate, I am sure. No wonder.

:grouphug: You did the best you knew at the time.

Yep, I was a mean mom.

*sigh*

I know how you feel. We pulled out our old vhs tapes, and I couldn't believe one of the episodes. EK (then 2yo, now 17yo) was on the screened porch while I was recording a video of ER (then 6 yo) learning to ride a bike. EK was pleading, "I want to come out there with y'all!" and I kept saying, "No, you have to stay on the porch." The reason was that I couldn't watch her and video him at the same time, and I knew that she would run out in front of him and he'd crash into her and they might both be hurt. (As I recall, it did happen sometime later, but not that day.) But she sounds so, so pitiful on that tape, and to me, it makes me seem like the meanest mommy ever, making her stay on the porch and watch him in the yard having fun.

:(

:grouphug: I watched a video recently of me with my infant niece (I was around 10/11 I think) and my nephew (then 2) kept coming over and touching the babies head and I kept smacking his hand hard telling him "no, don't touch" :ack2::crying: I was devastated watching that tape now. I tell myself that it was what I was told to do and I was a child. . . .but it still makes me so sad... I am just thankful for the growth as a person and caregiver! (and grateful my nephew doesn't hate me today!) ;) Grant yourself grace! I am so glad I am not the person I used to be!