Menu

Anyone in Ohio - is this for real?

Perhaps I'm reading it incorrectly, but it seemed like they were implying the owner may have been attacked by animal rights activists.

The article mentions another exotic animal owner whose bear killed its caretaker. Animal rights activists called for the bear's owner to be charged with homicide, the death was deemed a workplace accident, and the owner was later found dead in unusual circumstances.

Yeah, it seems odd that he was found dead and all of the cages were left open for them to get out. It's sad, though, that they are shooting them all rather than tranquilizing them and moving them.

I've seen a giraffe from about 10 feet away. They are impressively tall up close!

Yeah, it seems odd that he was found dead and all of the cages were left open for them to get out. It's sad, though, that they are shooting them all rather than tranquilizing them and moving them.

I've seen a giraffe from about 10 feet away. They are impressively tall up close!

I guess I can understand the need to shoot the predators in a situation like this, but why in the world would they shoot the herbivores? I can't imagine a rogue camel is going to be much of a threat.