Menu

Quick! How many lbs. of hamburger...

1/3 of a pound of ground meat per person should be plenty; I would consider what else is being served at what time of day it is being served.

I am always afraid of running out of food, however, and taco meat freezes easily for a quick future meal; so, making more and having leftovers might be a good idea.

If there is other food too, I would think 5 lbs is enough. Dh and I are the only ones who eat tacos here (kids prefer quesadillas), and I do 1/2 pound for two of us (4 tacos for him, 2 for me). That averages to 1/4 pound per person. If you have chips or dessert or anything else, I would think the 1/3 pound per person would be plenty.

I agree with the ten pound figure. It is amazing how much teens can eat. How many side dishes are you having? Are you serving dessert as well?

This is a birthday/costume party, with food. We will have tacos, chips, cider, and pumpkin pies. Should we have another side? I feel like they will all be so nutso from having fun that we won't need more, but IDK. This is our first boy/girl party, so I am totally open to advice...:D