Menu

Preschool monthly kit club?

Barb_

When Sarah (12) was 3 or 4, I used to subscribe to a preschool kit of the month type club. The white box would come with a hardcover book, a craft kit, and some kind of activity book, I think, and maybe some stickers? If I liked it, I could keep it and if I didn't I could return it free of charge like a book of the month type subscription. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I would love to do something like this for Keira because I tend to forget to do things just for her. I wonder if it's even around anymore. Can anyone give me a name?

Barb

I don't know if this is it, but my friend used this with her daughter and really enjoyed it. Don't know if each month is returnable... Funshine Express

I'm glad to know she liked it. If I can't find the club I remember, this was my second choice. I found it this morning while googling around looking for the other club. This is driving me nuts! My whole family...dh and all the older kids... are digging into our collective memory bank and coming up empty.

Was it Brighter Vision Learning Adventures? I think that is what the kits we used to get were called.

eta: Sadly, I don't think they are around anymore.

These are what we used with my oldest (now 11). They were exactly like what you're describing. He loved them! I had completely forgotten about them. It's too bad that they're not around anymore, I might have gotten them for my now 2 year old.

Was it Brighter Vision Learning Adventures? I think that is what the kits we used to get were called.

eta: Sadly, I don't think they are around anymore.

That's it!!! Oh, I feel so much better. You have saved me much gnashing of teeth. I'm so sad they aren't around anymore. I loved these kits because they were themed, relatively inexpensive, and gave me something easy and fun to do with the littles on a regular basis. Such good memories. Thanks for the links up above, Happy and Krisperry. I've filed them away to look at after dinner.

Edited by Barb F. PA in AZ

I don't think this is what you are referring to, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Learning Box Preschool!!! It is a full preschool curriculum, but what makes it really stand out from other programs are the crafts. GREAT crafts, and EVERYTHING is included. If you need 2 inches of yellow yarn, it's in there! Packaged in a baggie labeled with that Day #, corresponding to the month's instructor guide. I can't say enough good things about that program!

That's it!!! Oh, I feel so much better. You have saved me much gnashing of teeth. I'm so sad they aren't around anymore. I loved these kits because they were themed, relatively inexpensive, and gave me something easy and fun to do with the littles on a regular basis. Such good memories. Thanks for the links up above, Happy and Krisperry. I've filed them away to look at after dinner.

I used Brighter Vision Learning Adventures with my dd7 when she was 3/4 years old. I was so bummed when dd4 turned three and I went to start the program again with her and they were out of business :(

It was such a great program!!!

I will look into some of the others that have been linked, though.

• 1 month later...
These are what we used with my oldest (now 11). They were exactly like what you're describing. He loved them! I had completely forgotten about them. It's too bad that they're not around anymore, I might have gotten them for my now 2 year old.

Me too! I just started researching preschool for Savannah and was JUST thinking, "What was that monthly kit I got for Ainsley every month? It would be perfect for what I want!" Bummer!

I'll go check out Funshine Adventures.