Menu

I got a sewing machine!

Now please don't laugh but I am uber happy. Dh bought me a sewing machine! It may not be the fanciest machine ever, but for a beginner like me, well, it looks like the U.S.S. Enterprise (yes, the one from Star Trek). I am over the moon!

My first project is making cloth pantyliners. Is it silly that I am this insanely happy over a sewing machine? :lol:

So happy for you! We were discussing fire safety last week, and when asked what special item each of us would try to grab (if possible without endangering our life :tongue_smilie:) before exiting the house...my dd13 said 'her sewing machine', which has been lovingly named Luigi. :D

No! Remember to post pictures of your projects in Rosie's monthly craft thread.

Is that thread in this forum? I've never heard of it.

What brand and model did you get? I am 'sewing-ignorant' and would love to hear what you ended up with.

I got a Brother BM3600. I understand it is basic but it was within budget. At this point of the game I am not doing heavy quilting or anything. I want to learn how to alter clothes to fit me, make sheath dresses, make curtains and stuff. I may upgrade (or keep what I have depending on how the machine performs). For the record my mum has a Singer sewing machine from the 50's and it still works perfectly. So I can't do too badly with this one. :D