Menu

Any Morning Yard Walkers out there? (What to do with dew?)

What is yard walking? Do you mean you walk in the grass? I can see how dew would be a problem! Is there a sidewalk or street where you can walk instead?

Walking around your yard. It's what I have to do as I live in a rural area; we don't have sidewalks on our road thus walking on the road is too busy/unsafe.

Walking around your yard. It's what I have to do as I live in a rural area; we don't have sidewalks on our road thus walking on the road is too busy/unsafe.

I can't do that here because it wears a path in the grass too easily. The kids aren't allowed to run around the house for the same reason.

I end up walking around in our wet yard every morning...it has to do with our dogs ;) I don't like having to change my socks because the dew came through my shoes.

I have some trail walking shoes from LL Bean that are waterproof. But ever better - I have some closed-toe Crocs. They are one of the "professional" versions. They are completely waterproof in front and keep my toes very dry.

I used to have some women's socks that were made specifically for golf and they were the most waterproof socks I've ever owned. My tennis shoes would be totally wet and my feet would be dry. I'm not sure how/why the worked, because they basically looked like regular socks or a little bit thicker. If the gor-tex shoes aren't enough, maybe you can get some socks to help.