Menu

Silly things you didn't realize your kid didn't know...

I went to the library with my DD a few times this summer for little story telling/magic/information type shows. All the kids sit on the floor. the parents sit in chairs around the kids, or on the floor. So I sat on the floor with my girl and all around us parents are saying, "Criss Cross Apple Sauce!" to thier kids, who immediatly fold thier legs up and sit indian style.

DD and I were both in awe with our legs all over the place. ooops. :D

Same thing happened to us over the weekend. It took me half the show to figure out why he kept randomly mentioning Kris Kros. :confused: I mean, I remembered them from way back, but kids today don't. :tongue_smilie:

I wondered that at first too, but then it occurred to me that they must have a coat closet and use hangers.

Or their kids just throw them on the floor like mine do....:glare:

:iagree: Mine put them on the floor - right below the hooks. :glare: Same with pajamas. :glare:

Same thing happened to us over the weekend. It took me half the show to figure out why he kept randomly mentioning Kris Kros. :confused: I mean, I remembered them from way back, but kids today don't. :tongue_smilie:

That is too funny...made me laugh out loud. :lol:

My daughter couldn't sing Jesus Loves Me. She didn't know the words or the tune. She is 14. This came up a few months ago in the context of a film project. She was playing a 'creepy little girl' and needed to sing something to make her seem creepier.

It gets worse . . . the cast and crew on the set decided to teach her this song. So, she proceeds to learn it from a group of Pagans, Jews, and Buddhists who kinda, sorta, but not quite know the words and tune. I had to interrupt and help them all. My daughter is catholic. I was raised protestant so I probably learned this song by the age of 2. My husband laughed his butt off. My grandmother turned over in her grave. The absurdity of the situation was completely lost on my daughter.

I wonder if you all are missing this popular means of getting the attention of unruly children that is currently popular in schools?

Teacher: 1,2,3, eyes on me!

Students: 1,2, eyes on you!

Bill

I say that to my kids like 10 times a day!!! :)