Menu

I traumatized dd7 today

by forcing her to get a flu shot. This is the first year that we have ever done them but she has asthma that has been worse this year than ever. I did not want to risk it this winter. Dd9 was able to get the flu mist so she was fine. I hated doing it but had to. This parenting stuff is just plain hard sometimes.

My daughter was one of the 'hold your breath and turn purple' kids. From the time she was in the NICU, for her RSV shots, and all shots through toddlerhood (even getting her blood drawn at 4). Imagine my surprise when at 5 she didn't even flinch when they gave her her shots, I was so expecting to have to hold her down!

Thankfully the last few years we were able to get them the flu mist so I didn't have to worry about shots.

So anyways - maybe there is hope she will eventually outgrow her dire hatred of shots.

by forcing her to get a flu shot. This is the first year that we have ever done them but she has asthma that has been worse this year than ever. I did not want to risk it this winter. Dd9 was able to get the flu mist so she was fine. I hated doing it but had to. This parenting stuff is just plain hard sometimes.

poor thing! we did that today too! Why can't she get the flumist too? my 4 and 5 year olds were able to get it. Something related to her asthma?

Something about the live virus in the flu mist makes it a no no for asthmatics.

In Boo-Boo's defense, she has been seen by docs/subjected to many medical treatments since she was born for other things as well. She always handles all of that with such grace but needles are just not her thing. Her Dad also hates needles.