Menu

Aleks Math

Guest kcpub

Kelli, Can you tell me how that works out? Like how much of the math program do they do and how much Aleks? Each daily? My son does really well with certain aspects of math but tends to needs to keep doing something long term or he loses it. Now, he does have Study Island through the state which helps, but I like to use multiple things in order to best serve him. He did like Aleks when he did it for a couple months a year or two ago.

Has anyone used this and can you make recommendations?

http://www.aleks.com

I am considering it only for review for the summer, and maybe to augment Saxon during the year.

Any comments?

Thank you,

KC

Do you know about the free one month trial for homeschoolers? Here's a link: http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe5c15747d62047b741d&m=ff051770776607&ls=fdf31778746704787c127874&l=fe9f15717564067b73&s=fdf41670766c0d7b7c147073&ju=fe1b15777d670c787d1078

Barb

On WTMindy's recommendation we have started using ALEKS for summer review. My son really enjoys it, and has been working on it for 30 minutes or so each day. I can see us getting an ongoing subscription to supplement for the next school year.

My dd used her one month free trial and it was perfect. My sweet but dawdling ds had to subscribe for a few months. BUT, he scored very, very well last month when he took the math placement test for our community college. Because he tested into Calculus (having only completed Saxon Alg. 2 and 20ish lessons in Adv. Math), I *think* the ALEKS really rounded out his trig knowledge and bolstered his score. Regardless, I found it a fairly painless, summer supplement.

HTH!

Lisa