Menu

IF you do Classical Conversations, do you find................

that you are wiped out the next day?

We do Foundations and Essentials on Tuesdays (the twins) and DD12 does Challenge B (which she loves and she is thriving and she is not wiped out).

I am wiped the next day (today) -- I love F/E -- I love the structure and accountability it gives all of us. I love what the twins are learning and I cannot say enough about Challenge B.

I love the friends the kids have made, I enjoy time spent with other moms -- even if I AM old enough to be THEIR mom.:glare:

I am wondering if this is just me, or if it is something rather typical.

TIA

We don't do CC, but we do a weekly co-op from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m..

My boys each take four classes, and I assist in three, and available as a sub for the 4th.

I am WIPED OUT by the end. I'm fine there, but once I get home, completely exhausted.

Not sure why, really don't do anything "exhausting" there. Guess it is a combination of the getting up earlier, busy all day,etc.

We don't do CC, but we do a weekly co-op from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m..

My boys each take four classes, and I assist in three, and available as a sub for the 4th.

I am WIPED OUT by the end. I'm fine there, but once I get home, completely exhausted.

Not sure why, really don't do anything "exhausting" there. Guess it is a combination of the getting up earlier, busy all day,etc.

That sounds like our week - except we also do a co-op very similar to what you described on Fridays (thankfully, this week we are off for the Columbus Day holiday). I teach a jr high class at the friday co-op and have to be available to sub and assist. We are there from 8:00 to 3:30.

I think perhaps you are correct -- I kind of have to be 'on' when we are out of the house -- that coupled with the driving, making lunches, etc, does feel exhausting.

This is why when I switched from doing CC to another co-op, we decided to meet on Saturdays. With Fridays, the next day is more "relaxed" for us, and the change of pace is good for after a day of co-op. With Wednesdays, I felt like Tuesdays I prepared, Wednesdays were there, and Thursdays I was wiped. Not much of the week left after that.

We do CC, and I'm an Essentials tutor. My girls (8 and 5) are in the child care time during the Essentials time, so they are in play mode in the afternoon and pretty pumped still in the afternoon.

I, however, am exhausted, both from Foundations and from tutoring. We definitely get a late start in school the next day. :)