Menu

For Nutella Addicts

I first had Nutella in Italy back in 1996. I swear, it was so much better then the stuff we buy here! It was nuttier and not nearly as sweet. I wonder if our Nutella has been "americanized"? Same thing with Milka chocolate from Austria--I found some here years later and it just wasn't the same.

Have you seen the little Nutella cups with cracker sticks at the check-outs? My kids are begging to try them but I'm too cheap.

Edited by Moxie

And have y'all seen this? A SAVORY way to use Nutella? as a meat marinade/sauce?

1/4 cup onion, chopped

1 TBS Nutella

1/4 cup espresso (instant is fine)

2 TBS extra virgin olive oil

1/2 tsp cumin

1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Lemon juice from half of a lemon

Saute the onions in a pan over medium high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes. In a food processor, mix together the Nutella, olive oil, espresso (you have to make it beforehand), cooked onions, squeezed juice from half of a lemon, and the cayenne and cumin. Mix together until it appears to be well blended. Use as marinade and/or or drizzle as sauce.

I first had Nutella in Italy back in 1996. I swear, it was so much better then the stuff we buy here! It was nuttier and not nearly as sweet. I wonder if our Nutella has been "americanized"? Same thing with Milka chocolate from Austria--I found some here years later and it just wasn't the same.

I first had it in Australia and didn't notice anything different about the taste.