Menu

Prayer Request

Please pray for my nephew, Seth. He had a spinal tap on Wednesday and is in the hospital right now because pressure is building up. They did some things in the ER, but his pain is getting worse. They are admitting him to do some other procedures (not sure what yet).

He is 17 and has severe developmental delays due to severe epilepsy. He also has mitochondrial disease. The tap was to check some levels in relation to his mitochondrial disease.

Please pray, too, for my sister and b-i-l. This has been a long and hard journey for them. The epilepsy began from his 4 month shots. They were able to find out that his shot's lot number had 2 deaths and 10 permanent disabilities but was still on the market. The doctors believe the trauma triggered the onset of the mitochondrial, too.

Thank you so much!

Thank you for praying, please keep on if you don't mind. He is still not well. Evidently the puncture from the spinal tap is leaking menengial fluid. They just found out that the procedure to fix this (blood patch) is not possible for Seth. The patient has to lie perfectly still and be awake to tell the doctor things. He can't lie still or express a lot of things verbally. Please pray that the puncture will seal itself. His pain medicine is not helping, either, so he's very uncomfortable.

Thank you for praying, please keep on if you don't mind. He is still not well. Evidently the puncture from the spinal tap is leaking menengial fluid. They just found out that the procedure to fix this (blood patch) is not possible for Seth. The patient has to lie perfectly still and be awake to tell the doctor things. He can't lie still or express a lot of things verbally. Please pray that the puncture will seal itself. His pain medicine is not helping, either, so he's very uncomfortable.

Poor guy! What are the chances that the puncture will heal itself? He's definitely in my prayers! :grouphug:

Poor guy! What are the chances that the puncture will heal itself? He's definitely in my prayers! :grouphug:

Thank you so much for praying! I spoke with my sister late last night and she said he was feeling some better. His pediatrician seems to know more about this than anyone else they've dealt with. She said he should have been keep flat, even without a pillow, from the time the problem started. She says that if my sister can keep him flat for 2-3 days it has a good chance of sealing on its own.

Seth has not wanted to eat much since the pain began, but he wanted to eat a little last night at supper. My sister had told Seth that his pediatrician said to lay without the pillow, and last night he said to thank her for taking the pillow. He must realize that is making the difference.