Menu

Singapore IP- how many pages/day?

Penelope

I have given DS up to 1 wkbk lesson and 4 pages of IP. He still completed it in 20 minutes with little to know mistakes. Typically I do 4 pages of IP if there are no written lessons for the day (just a text discussion day). Otherwise, I do two pages. I don't like to spend more than 20 minutes a day on any subject.

I usually divide up the word problems into 2 or 3 days (depending on the number of questions) and the "take the challenge!" section into 1 or 2 days (again depending on the number of questions). The on-level questions it really varies because I usually only have her complete a subset of them.

Short answer- 4-6 pages a day.

We use text, IP, and CWP (no WB) for levels 3, 4, and 5 (actually the boys are in 4B and 5B right now).

We do the chapter in the text together orally, usually the whole chapter would takes 1 or 2 days. Then they work in the IP. I like to do 4-6 pages a day, occsionally they might do more or less.

Then they do 1 page in the CWP (skipping the practice problems if they get the first 3 all right).

My boys are middle school aged, but they do about 45 min of math a day.

We do textbook together (10-15 minutes), then workbook, and then IP and/or CWP. On the days we do IP, we TRY to do 3-4 pages. Sometimes the material is more challenging, and we'll do 2 pages. Sometimes it's easier and he'll do 6 pages.

I try not to have older do more than an hour of math a day. For younger, he goes back and forth between workbook, IP and CWP. He spends 20 minutes a day on math, not counting facts review.

Thanks, all.

I'm just guessing here and should have asked at the beginning, but by "page" do you mean one side of the page? Or front and back?

My 9 yo is usually fine with 3-4 pages, if a page means one side of the page. When I give him more, it doesn't go well, even with an easier topic. I think he just flips when he sees a certain amount. It sounds like I am being pretty reasonable, though.

Can I ask a silly question? IP is the Intensive Practice Workbook?

We just started w/ Singapore, and only have the Textbook and Workbook, and feel like we need more practice .... what else do you use?

I think I would like my DS9 to do several practice pages a lesson for everything to really sink in.

We just started w/ Singapore, and only have the Textbook and Workbook, and feel like we need more practice .... what else do you use?

I think I would like my DS9 to do several practice pages a lesson for everything to really sink in.

Yes, it's the Intensive Practice, and I use it for more extensive & creative practice.

1 page = 1 side of a page, to me.

Yes, the IP is the Intensive Practice workbook.

It is not just "more practice" however. It is more challenging work.

If you are using the US Edition you may consider switching at some point to the Standards Edition as there is more "built-in" practice in this version. There is also an "Extra Practice" set of books for SE if you need even more basic level practice.

The IPs (in US Edition format only at this time) are harder. They can (and are) be used by SE users like myself. They also add a great deal to the US Edition. But they do up the ante of either in terms of challenge.

Bill