Menu

Best larger family hotel in Las Vegas?

Anyone have recommendations for a hotel in Las Vegas for a family with 4 kids? Ideally we would like a suite that can hold all of us, but two rooms in a cheaper hotel is okay too. [Edited to add my kids are 9, 6, 3 and 1 so on the younger side.]

We aren't there to gamble by the way, so a hotel without on-site gambling is perfectly fine. We are going to see my mom, who lives there (who also doesn't usually gamble). But she doesn't stay at the hotels there so doesn't have much in the way of recommendations.

It doesn't need to be on or near the strip at all. We would like to have a nice pool area at the hotel, decent accommodations, and ideally a restaurant on site.

Also, any recommendations to family fun things to do? We know about the Children's Museum there and will do that again (we did it last time too). We are familiar with some of the things on the strip from before kids, but if there is anything new kids would like, please suggest it! We have seen the outdoor pirate ship battle, and our kids did like that. We have seen the fountains, and those were fun.

We will be there in two days!!! We'll let you know. We're staying at the Venetian. The rooms are very large - 2 queens and a pull out. We got a Bella Suite and it's over 700 sq. Ft!!! j Some times of year are cheaper than others, so be on the lookout for deals.

Thanks. Did they question or give you trouble at all for 4 kids in the room with 2 adults? Sounds like plenty of room honestly.

October has typically been pretty cheap for us to visit and we don't feel like we are being roasted alive there that time of year. LOL

We have stayed at Circus Circus before with 2 kids - not the cleanest hotel ever IMHO. We have also stayed at the Hilton with the Star Trek exhibit but only had 1 kid then. I can't recall the hotel we stayed at when we had 3 kids, but it was in the flight path of the airport and we won't be doing that again. Ever. PERIOD.

Thanks. Did they question or give you trouble at all for 4 kids in the room with 2 adults? Sounds like plenty of room honestly.

October has typically been pretty cheap for us to visit and we don't feel like we are being roasted alive there that time of year. LOL

I'll let you know. We were honest when we made the reservation. So, we should be fine!

We have seen the outdoor pirate ship battle, and our kids did like that. We have seen the fountains, and those were fun.

They changed the TI show. It's no longer a cool pirate show but a raunchy girly show. Stay away from it.

The Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay is wonderful, as well as Sigfried and Roy's dolphin habitat and Secret Garden at the Mirage.

The Excalibur (2nd floor) is a fun hotel for kids.

Off strip, the Springs Preserves is nice, a little pricey though.

Ethyl M chocolate factory has free tours and you get a piece of chocolate at the end. They also have a cactus garden there too.

The Cancun hotel is very family friendly. They have 2-room villas that sleep 6. Prices in the neighborhood of $150 per night. It is in the far south of the city so it may not work for you depending on where your mom lives.

Except for the Children's Museum, we only have done free stuff.

My kids loved the Cactus Gardens outside the Ethel M Chocolate Factory. They were 7 and 5 at the time, and discovered that lizards live under the rocks in the Cactus Gardens. I think we were there for almost two hours. (At Christmas time, they light the Garden.)

On the strip, they like the MGM lions (now only there for very limited times), the birds at the Flamingo, the M & M store, the living fountains and the fish aquarium in the Caesar forum mall.

There are several local history museums, inc. one on UNLV campus, but we didn't get that far...

We haven't stayed in a hotel in a while. We had our fifth wheel with us the last two trips. We stayed at Motel 6 on Boulder Highway one trip. Small, old, and somewhat scruffy, but no smokey lobby to walk through. I don't remember if they had a pool or connecting rooms, though.