Menu

help me find the grammar progarm I am looking for

joyfulhomeschooler

Last year we did Emma Serls primary language lessons in grade 2. We liked it, but, I want more formal grammar instruction included. Is there a program out there that is like PLL but includes the grammar terms/instruction? Would FLL be like it? I have R&S 3 and have been thinking about giving that a go... but it isn't quite what I had wanted.

I haven't tried this myself, but you might want to look into Queen's language arts. It looks similar to PLL but with more grammar terms/application.

We've been using Michael Clay Thompson's language arts program and really enjoy it, but it's quite different from PLL. Can't say I know what to compare it to! It's very different from anything else out there, but we love it!

I have EFTTC. It is very similar to PLL and I think it may be done before or instead of PLL, but not after finishing PLL.

Have you looked at William Maxwell's language lessons books? They are in a similar style as PLL and there is a whole series of them meant for elementary, middle and high school. They are available free from Google books or archive.org.

We've been using this book - I hope the link works! You can download it free in pdf format.

http://books.google.com/books?id=vjEXAAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=language+lessons&hl=en&ei=VW5nTs_yG-b50gGnnMT1Cw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CEYQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Some of the lessons are based on Bible stories. If you're not Jewish or Christian, you could include them as cultural stories, skip those lessons, or substitute different stories.

We've been using this book - I hope the link works! You can download it free in pdf format.

http://books.google.com/books?id=vjEXAAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=language+lessons&hl=en&ei=VW5nTs_yG-b50gGnnMT1Cw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CEYQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Some of the lessons are based on Bible stories. If you're not Jewish or Christian, you could include them as cultural stories, skip those lessons, or substitute different stories.

Love this! thanks:)

Have you looked at Serl's Intermediate Language lessons?

Also, someone here mentioned Writing tales to me and it seems to be great. There is a lot that you can print off from their website. There are several days worth of lessons from each book, the teacher's manual portion for those lessons and an appendix that you can download and print. I'm going to be trying this with my kids to see how it goes.

That is great!