Menu

Scarf question for those with fashion sense =o)

I like how women over here in Europe wear scarves as accessories. I am guessing it (the style) is similar in (cities in) the US.

I like the styles of the designer Eileen Fisher too. However her scarves are $$$.

any advise on which quality scarves to buy at a more economical price? What do you look for when you you buy them - and where do you buy them?

Thanks!!

I have tons of scarves, both summer and winter weight, and wear them often. I live rurally, and when I go to the city I tend to spend all my money on books and pastries rather than accessories! Around here, I find good quality scarves at TJ Maxx. If you are on Pinterest you will find lots of tutorials on wearing them and lots of patterns and pictures. IMO, the less you mess with a scarf the better it looks. Definitely a "throw on and go" thing!

I wear a scarf almost every day. If you have a Bijou Bridgette, they have great scarves (I buy many of mine there), but there are loads of little shops (especially on the main shopping streets) that sell them for €10-20.

Here are a few photos of me that I have on my computer wearing them. You can see they are different weights.

DSC_1145.jpg

DSC_0514.jpg

DSC_0328.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

Edited by Mom in High Heels

I like how women over here in Europe wear scarves as accessories. I am guessing it (the style) is similar in (cities in) the US.

I've not seen this here in the US as a common fashion, although there do seem to be a lot of scarves available this fall. It has been in Europe for years (if not centuries.) It came from a desire to keep the throat warm, in the belief that it will prevent colds. Since I've seen them in 90-100 F weather, I doubt that it's still the reason.

The cheaper department stores carry them but the best price/selection would be a bazaar type of stand in a larger city.

I've not seen this here in the US as a common fashion, although there do seem to be a lot of scarves available this fall. It has been in Europe for years (if not centuries.) It came from a desire to keep the throat warm, in the belief that it will prevent colds. Since I've seen them in 90-100 F weather, I doubt that it's still the reason.

The cheaper department stores carry them but the best price/selection would be a bazaar type of stand in a larger city.

It was in the upper 80s yesterday and I saw women wearing sleeveless shirts and scarves. ohhh, to be so sophisticated :001_smile:

Scarves are a very popular fashion accessory in my area. Target, TJ Maxx, and basically every.single.clothing store carries a few scarfs. I have some from Target, H&M, Kohls, and Old Navy that have all worn well. A scarf worn well really dresses up an outfit and replaces the need for a necklace as well (and is great for covering a vneckline that is too low-cut).