Menu

DragonCon

Took the kids (& my parents), met some friends & went to see the DragonCon parade today. Bil is downtown w/ a group of friends -- they come every year (from out of state) for DragonCon; they do the group costuming, etc.... Hung out & took photos most of the rest of the day before heading home. The kids are already planning their costume ideas for next year. :lol:

I guess dd is 'official' now because a couple of people asked to take her photo. (She was dressed as Hinamori Momo from the Bleach manga series.)

Anyway, we had lots of fun & will plan to go back again next year. Her friend loved it too (this was the first time the friend had gone to DragonCon).

Any other DragonCon fans here? :D

What is everyone doing for the holiday weekend?

We'd love to go, but it's during our business season. If they would only move it to the winter/spring!

I guess dd is 'official' now because a couple of people asked to take her photo. (She was dressed as Hinamori Momo from the Bleach manga series.)

Very cool! My son wants to be The Tenth Doctor for Halloween....which will be a stretch, since ds is Asian :D. If he would only get into manga, the possibilities would be endless :lol:.

Cool. Can you believe I've never seen Dr. Who? (I know. My education is not complete. ;))

:001_huh: No. This seriously surprises me! Get thee to watching, woman! I'm sure you'll love it.

Fun! So, is that you/your family or group??? If so, which one is you?

Yes, you can't post a picture like that and not tell us which one is you!:D

OK, I'm off to watch my DVR'd Torchwood: Miracle Day episode. Which, unfortunately, has been extremely disappointing.

Cool! My niece dressed as Zelda for AnimeCon in Wichita this year. She spent a long time making this costume, and several people wanted to take her picture!

She did a great job! I can see why people wanted her pic!

DH is taking dd13 tomorrow. She's beside herself knowing she's going to be in the same room with Wil Wheaton. She is very into The Guild and Eureka. :tongue_smilie:

However, she is terribly disappointed that the Sherlock Holmes BritTrack thing isn't until 11:30pm.

We haven't actually purchased passes to the events there (yet). We've always just gone for the parade & to hang out & see everyone posing for pics. When the dc are a little older, I can imagine we'll be getting the passes..... Let me know how your dd enjoys it!

Just the two short ones are mine. ;) I went as an ill-tempered pregnant woman (not pictured).

:smilielol5: (Your two petites are cuties!)

one friend flew in to hotlanta to visit another friend for it.

One year I'd like to make it myself. :001_smile:

I think you'd have fun. :D