Menu

New and interesting crockpot breakfast recipes?

Our family is going to Orlando in a few weeks and staying in a vacation home. I would like to take along the crockpot (we're driving) and make breakfasts in it so I don't have a lot of cooking/cleaning before we hit Disney in the mornings.

I have an oatmeal recipe and a version of the standard egg, meat, and hashbrown recipe. Anyone have any other good ones they can share? Thanks!

Omelet

1 doz. Eggs

16 oz shredded cheddar

Small container cottage cheese

Mix well and add to greased crockpot. Cook for 5-7 hours on low.

I usually put this in late. Midnight is good. Then turn off around 6. A crockpot with a timer would be best. This makes lots. If you have access to a fridge and microwave then save the leftovers and serve on english muffins the next day.

This is such a good idea!

We're going to Disney in January with my In-laws and my Bil and Sil. We'll be eating breakfast everyday together - and it is difficult to get a good breakfast cooked and served on theme park mornings.

Thanks!!!

The crockpot365 blog has some breakfast recipes.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2010/12/breakfast.html

Yes we just did this on our beach trip with our double crockpot. We did the baked oatmeal, coffee cake, breakfast risotto, french toast, and banana bread. We also used a light timer to delay the start time so things would not overcook. These all call for a smaller crockpot size and you need the basic kind with the knob for the light timer to work. We loved having the double crock. I premixed all the dry ingredients before we left and put them in zip locks labeled with what still needed to be added. I loved having those mixes ready to go and am going to start doing that all the time at home.