Menu

Enchanted Learning~

4ofus

Do any of you subscribe to this site? I thought it used to be free:confused:, but today I went to the site to find it would be $20 for a year access including printing rights. It seems extremely reasonable still, but I wonder how much we might use it?

I didn't subscribe this year but prior to that subscribed two years in a row and really liked it. When I was last there, much of it was free, but to access the whole site and be able to print a lot of the materials, it was $20.00. I found it worth it for a while and may subscribe again at some point for my son. My daughter is going into sixth grade and I found a lot of it more relevant for preschool through say fourth grade or so for her. My son just isn't interested in the crafty stuff, and the written stuff is still too advanced for him, but maybe next year I'll subscribe again.

In my opinion, EL is not worth the money. It does not have as many good in-depth worksheets as ABCTeach. And ABC is running a deal thru HS Buyer's Coop right now. Last year my friend and I each bought a subscription to one so we could compare what you get for the money. I liked her ABC stuff WAY better than my EL stuff. For example a small reading comprehension/science lesson on butterflies from ABC has 2 pages of facts and drawings with the parts of the BF labelled, several different species for drawing. On EL, you might get a small book to create with very limited detail, NOT something fit for Q&A with kiddo. This is just my experience though. If your kiddos are 1st grade and up, ABC is much "meatier" stuff than EL.

I like EL and have been a member in the past. I just looked at the ABCTeach group buy on Homeschool Buyer's Coop and if I am understanding it right, you can try ABC Teach until August 30 and if you don't like it, you can cancel your order. If you don't cancel, then you will be charged whatever the group buy price is. This is for new subscribers only.

I was thinking about renewing my EL subscription, but I think I might try ABC Teach and see if I like it better.

Joy

I just subscribed to it and like it so far. I am not thrilled with the quality of some of the worksheets, but I like the wide range of printables they have. The main reason I signed up was because I really liked all the material they have for teaching French to young kids. I have a Kindergartener and a 2nd grader doing French with me this year and the material is perfect for this age group. I couldn't find good French worksheets anywhere else online and didn't come up with any language program I wanted to purchase. So now I just do my own thing and supplement with the great coloring and activity material available on EL.

I think it is worth the 20$ for an entire year. I liked that we could find things to go with things we were already working on, like dolphin diagrams when we read Island of the Blue Dolphins and map worksheets when we did our Explorer Unit. I did stop relying on it after awhile but will probably renew.