Menu

Here's our sixth grade. Give it a once over?

logic: don-lindsay-archive.org/skeptic/arguments.html

visual arts: Artistic Pursuits Jr High Book 1

Latin: Lingua Latina

Greek: Elementary Greek

music: almost through the Pianimals series! I've been typing music: Pianimals in this spot since, like, 2005.

math: Fred

composition: Writing With Skill

science: Make Electronics

memory work: poetry and speeches chosen by the kids from Living Memory

history: SOTW 4

literature: a list of modern novels, poetry & plays + Teaching the Classics

He wants to do softball in spring, and we bicycle all over our city instead of having a car, so I'm not too worried about fitness. Am I missing anything?

Are you having your child write about history, science, and literature? I have not seen WWS so don't know how extensive it is, but I have my 6th-grade son apply what he has learned from his writing program to his other studies.

Ruth in NZ

I looked up your logic choice. I too am searching for logic for dd10. Are you going to work through the list making up your own examples? Do you have a schedule you wouldn't mind sharing?

I don't have a schedule. We're going to do one every two days. There are eighty-eight fallacies listed on that site, and one hundred and eighty days in our school year. Almost perfect.

Yes, we are going to work through the list. On the first day the kiddo will copy the materials on the webpage. On the second day he'll write three examples. Pretty simple stuff, but I've found that kind of copying really sinks data into his brain.

What is Make Electronics, is that a program, or just items from the magazine?

It is the most awesome learning-to-DIY book on the planet. Do read the sample pages and check out the rockin' pedagogy. How often do you get good pedagogy and good DIY ethic in the same place? Right?

There's also a comprehensive components pack and a toolkit. That makes it awesomer. We're using the kits as well as the book.

Are you having your child write about history, science, and literature? I have not seen WWS so don't know how extensive it is, but I have my 6th-grade son apply what he has learned from his writing program to his other studies.

Hm, no. For history and literature, some, just summations basically, but I should have him write for science and practice developing a portfolio of summaries & photos.

Edited by dragons in the flower bed
wonky HTML

It is the most awesome learning-to-DIY book on the planet. Do read the sample pages and check out the rockin' pedagogy. How often do you get good pedagogy and good DIY ethic in the same place? Right?

There's also a comprehensive components pack and a toolkit. That makes it awesomer. We're using the kits as well as the book.

Goodness I may have to get that book. My dad would probably have all the components. :svengo:

We need like a WTM lotto each month. This place can get expensive. :lol::lol:

That book looks great, but I have to say I am loving the whole site it is on. I have a brand new wish list :lol:

Awesome! I have a 10 yr old that would spend hours on that site. :001_smile:

About your 6th grade schedule....I didn't see Home Economics. You know that's when your dc makes you breakfast and tea/coffee in the mornings. :D My oldest makes a mean french toast.