Menu

Please tell the Garden gnome book it is due...

Would have worked great for me as a kid. They all blamed it on the toddler. Since, I couldn't see through all the carp under their bed, I piled it on top of the bed. I was able to renew it a 4th time since there was another available copy.

I already have fines. So, if I cannot find it in three weeks then I won't use the card till I can pay it off again. My old library gave us one lost item a year. I wish they did that here. It is a bummer when 15 bucks becomes so much.

I often find them shoved in another book or beside a bed. But, no luck yet. I have started to out up a lot of stuff I used to leave out. It is just impossible with all of these people. The toddler is into every single thing and recently figured out how to get out of the play pen.

I did check their shelves. I only turn stuff in at the drop now, too. A movie went missing and I know I turned it in. The movie drop is just an open flat area where anyone could take what they want.

My friend always takes her returns to the counter, and gets a receipt which covers each book/item returned. Something similar happened to her - a book she deposited in the overnight drop was either taken by someone or is somewhere it doesn't belong. It cost her about $40, so even nearly two years later, she still insists on getting a receipt.

(I haven't learned the lesson I'm sharing - I don't ask for a receipt, although I always wonder when I'm going to regret it.)

One time we lost a book. It was gone for months and we finally just paid for it. Of course, later, we redid our kitchen floors and had to pull out the stove. The book was under the stove. Under the stove! Huh??

I did not look under the stove!!

I just paid for one a couple weeks ago. I scoured the house several times before I coughed up the money. I thought for sure it would turn up as soon as I paid for it. But still no sign of it. Several years ago I found one under the dryer. I HATE losing library books. :tongue_smilie:

One time we lost a book. It was gone for months and we finally just paid for it. Of course, later, we redid our kitchen floors and had to pull out the stove. The book was under the stove. Under the stove! Huh??

We lost one too and finally found it under a chair, but also beneath the large living room area rug. I thought that was crazy. But the stove beats it. :tongue_smilie: