Menu

engineerjobs.com

Has anyone had any experience with engineerjobs.com?

My dh is looking for a job back in his field and having nooooo success.

Just curious if anyone ever gets jobs from these .com sites.

Dh tried all of these or so it seems - lots and lots of them. Unfortunately, some ask for a upfront fee - we skipped those. He finally found something online but I think it was listed in Craig's list and this is the position he has now.

You may want to try some local recruiting firm. Aerotech (I think that is what they are called around here anyways) specializes in technical/construction/engineering jobs.

Dh tried all of these or so it seems - lots and lots of them. Unfortunately, some ask for a upfront fee - we skipped those. He finally found something online but I think it was listed in Craig's list and this is the position he has now.

You may want to try some local recruiting firm. Aerotech (I think that is what they are called around here anyways) specializes in technical/construction/engineering jobs.

Yeah, we won't be paying a fee. It is just so frustrating to have skills and experience and a good work ethic and not even be able to get an interview. I believe most of these 'posted' jobs must already be filled through networking and the posting is just a formality or company policy.

Yeah, we won't be paying a fee. It is just so frustrating to have skills and experience and a good work ethic and not even be able to get an interview. I believe most of these 'posted' jobs must already be filled through networking and the posting is just a formality or company policy.

We were suspicious about that too. But one has to try, try and try.

I hope your dh will find something soon. It's kind of demoralizing sending out 100s of resumes/applications and not even getting a response. But eventually something will happen!

If you're in the States, I would try USAjobs.com if the idea of having a government job is appealing. Lots of engineer jobs.

We were suspicious about that too. But one has to try, try and try.

I hope your dh will find something soon. It's kind of demoralizing sending out 100s of resumes/applications and not even getting a response. But eventually something will happen!

:iagree: This might be the place he was hired from. I think it was ;)

Thank you. We will be trying these.

If you're in the States, I would try USAjobs.com if the idea of having a government job is appealing. Lots of engineer jobs.

:iagree:Excellent resource. A lot of the defense contractors have need of engineers too but I don't think they have a central resource, like USAjobs.com. I'll have to ask dh about that later.

I don't know about the site... What kind of engineer is your husband?

Oh, missed this post....

He has most recently done structural and civil. He can do a lot of things--prefers civil but of course he is NOT being choosy at the moment.