Menu

Hassles of selling online *vent*

OK- I know dealing with some clueless and annoying people is part of selling on line, but I thought last week's lady who basically wanted to run a background check on my before buying was going to put me over the edge. However, today I have had THREE different people ask me questions that were answered right in my ad. Also, these same people are making ridiculous offers!

When I buy used I expect to pay about half off the original price if the items are in good condition. If they are fairly used and kind of ratty I expect to pay less. If they are brand new, never used and look like they were never used I am happy with 20% off - which is about the same as CBD or RR in most cases. I am not hard to please.

I just wonder about people sometimes. I could list something for $20 (originally $45) that will cost $3-4 to mail with delivery confirmation and they will offer $9 - so after Paypal and postage I'd have chump change. Really people? Maybe I am just out of touch, but why do people expect to pay so little for something that is so valuable? Sometimes I just want to ignore the emails. If I didn't have other curriculum that I wanted to buy I wouldn't hassle with people on line.

OK - I am done.:banghead:

You may not like my answer - but, if one doesn't ask if you're willing to accept a lower price, they won't know if you'd accept it....if you accept it, they got a great deal, if you say no, they'll likely pay more, but wanted to see if you'd accept less first.

I am right there with you. I was having a few issues myself. I am not going to sell a brand new book for much below Amazon prices. I try and go a dollar or two less, but I have to ship AND get paypal fees slapped on me. I am only trying to recoup costs and cover fees and shipping. I didnt even post mine on the for sale board yet, I was just contacting people through the wanteds. I am dreading posting for sale. UGH

You may not like my answer - but, if one doesn't ask if you're willing to accept a lower price, they won't know if you'd accept it....if you accept it, they got a great deal, if you say no, they'll likely pay more, but wanted to see if you'd accept less first.

Well, on my main page I do say my prices are firm, but apparently they don't read it. Also, sometimes people get indignant when I won't accept less and one even snarkily replied, "Good luck selling it at that price!" As if my price was unreasonable.:glare:

Well, on my main page I do say my prices are firm, but apparently they don't read it. Also, sometimes people get indignant when I won't accept less and one even snarkily replied, "Good luck selling it at that price!" As if my price was unreasonable.:glare:

Ahh, see that's just rude then.

This is why I quit selling stuff. I'm currently having an issue with Amazon's trade-in program, which has me beyond irritated.

Would you elaborate? I was thinking of using them for the first time with Minimus teacher's manual. :glare:

People offering tiny amounts are utilizing The Shotgun Technique. In high school we girls had an inside lament: What happens to a guy who propositions 100 women and 99 turn him down? He gets l*id.

And the internet allows them to be even jerkier.