Menu

Have you tried dry shampoo?

I saw an ad on tv for it and then searched reviews. A lot of people didn't like the products, but my 14dd tried it and loves it. She wants to take it to summer camp.

Anyone else here like dry shampoo? I'm going to try it on my puberty kids whose hair get oily 8 hours after showering.

I like the one they sell at Sally's, it's in a blue can (Batiste).

I've heard heard the Tresemme one is horrible. My sister and niece tried it and they've been using and liking the Batiste one for years.

I see Suave makes one now.

BTW - I wanted to tell you that I LOVE your new avatar. :lol:

I like the one they sell at Sally's, it's in a blue can (Batiste).

I've heard heard the Tresemme one is horrible. My sister and niece tried it and they've been using and liking the Batiste one for years.

I see Suave makes one now.

BTW - I wanted to tell you that I LOVE your new avatar. :lol:

I read that people hate the Tresemme one, too. I haven't tried Batiste. The brand I picked up for less than $5 at Walmart was Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo. I figured for that price we could try it, but dd loves it.

My avatar is a car decal. Isn't it great? I was going for my walk and did a double take on a parked car. I always see the nude sexy female silhouette on redneck trucks, but this one with the fat old redneck guy is hysterical. I laughed for easily a quarter mile. :lol:

Well, I used the Tressemme one when we went on our 9 day camping trip this year. We go really rustic- no running water, so there's no chance of a shower. Any bathing is a sponge bath, etc.

Anyway, I have hair all the way down to my waist, and I was really pleased with the Tressemme. I used it every other day while camping, and my head felt way cleaner than it really was. It smelled nice too. The only problem I had with it was that I had to use a lot more than indicated, but since I have such long, thick hair I expected it.

For camping it was perfect- exactly what I expected.

Well, I used the Tressemme one when we went on our 9 day camping trip this year. We go really rustic- no running water, so there's no chance of a shower. Any bathing is a sponge bath, etc.

Anyway, I have hair all the way down to my waist, and I was really pleased with the Tressemme. I used it every other day while camping, and my head felt way cleaner than it really was. It smelled nice too. The only problem I had with it was that I had to use a lot more than indicated, but since I have such long, thick hair I expected it.

For camping it was perfect- exactly what I expected.

That is good to hear. I wonder if the neg. reviews were from people with very oily hair?

It is good when you don't have the chance to shower, and want to freshen up. It is not designed to be used on a regular basis, in place of regular shampoo. Eventually you need to rinse that stuff out, you know? Otherwise it is just building up. I like it in situations like when someone is sick, or in the hospital,and can't bathe.

It is good when you don't have the chance to shower, and want to freshen up. It is not designed to be used on a regular basis, in place of regular shampoo. Eventually you need to rinse that stuff out, you know? Otherwise it is just building up. I like it in situations like when someone is sick, or in the hospital,and can't bathe.

This is a great use. I hadn't thought of that. I'm definitely going to keep some in the house.

I tried it on my hair & don't really like it. I have fine hair though, dd has a ton of hair. Hers looked good, mine needs a wash & blowdry daily, 17ds thought it would work when he is somewhere and cannot shower, but he would prefer a shower.

I tried it on my hair & don't really like it. I have fine hair though, dd has a ton of hair. Hers looked good, mine needs a wash & blowdry daily, 17ds thought it would work when he is somewhere and cannot shower, but he would prefer a shower.

Is your DD's hair oily or dry.

My sister and I are both fairly dry, we wash our hair about every 3rd day. My niece has very dry, moderately curly hair, she only shampoos about 1x/week. I only use the dry shampoo in a pinch (need to wash my hair but don't have time) and I only use it where I get oily (crown and right above my ears).

I know my sister that has oilier hair/skin keeps the dry shampoo on hand but I don't think it's as useful for her.