Menu

What's on your k-1 school supply list?

Runningmom80

You wouldn't believe how often pencils get lost. :glare:

:iagree: We have gone through an absurd number of pencils! Also, those cheapo pencil sharpeners also disappear regularly. I bought a nice set of colored pencils as well because it is easier to color accurately. We also need multiple sets of crayons because their favorites are often the ones missing from the box! We also use TONS of art supplies. You can never have too much construction paper, glue, scissors, tissue paper, etc.

Speaking of pencil sharpeners... we went through a bunch of those little ones last year too. And also cleaned up a lot of little piles of pencil shavings all over the house. :glare: DH's one and only supply request this year was a pencil sharpener he could bolt to the wall. I'd forgotten how nice a properly sharpened pencil actually is to write with... I guess we never quite got the hang of those little ones.

Myson hated coloring and drawing at the start of last year and about feb I couldnt keep up with je amount of paper and crayons he wasgoing through!

I also buy cheap pencil boxes, sticky notes, index cards, dry erase markers, sharpies, and folders.

We love blank notebooks here, the adults use them as much as the kids, but a notebook and some crayons or colored pencils will keep mine busy for a while. I've also found those extra erasers very useful as my 3 year old enjoys tearing off the ones the pencils come with and sometimes they aren't very good at erasing anyway. I like the pencil topper ones because we are less likely to loose them.

Not on my list for THIS year, but should have been on my list last year when we started K-1:

- Whiteboards & markers - plural, I have one big, one small and we love them

- Electric pencil sharpener... I always thought I hated pencils, but it turns out, I just hate the cheapo sharpeners; electrics start at $10 - why spend $1 or $2 ten times???

:-)))

We have: crayons (two plastic shoeboxes full, plus 10 new boxes), watercolors, colored pencils, glue, glue sticks, ruler, pencils, Sharpies, markers, scissors, printer paper

Still on my list to buy: new markers (ours need updating, they won't last all year), construction paper, maybe tempera paint, erasers

DS is insistent that he needs a lunchbox too! Never mind the fact that he already has one and he hardly needs a lunchbox to carry his lunch to the table. :)

A big white board and a lap one. We got a piece of shower paneling from Home Despot and had it cut in half (you could get it cut smaller) to make two giant 4 ft by 4 ft white boards. The kids love them and so do I.

Stock up on crayons and pencils, they will disappear. Same with the dry erase markers and dry erase crayons. And erasers, since the ones on the pencils will not last. And a really good, old fashioned pencil sharpener, not the little ones. The electric ones always die when you are out of batteries.