Menu

ATTN: Justamouse

I wanted to tell you I visited your blog yesterday. What a beautiful blog and a beautiful home! I remember seeing your front porch when you posted about the star you made.

I think your blog is beautiful. Admittedly I didn't read the entire thing, but you have inspired me to want to take up crocheting again. You've made some beautiful things! I can do a straight stitch well.:tongue_smilie: Or is it called a chain?:confused::001_smile:

I loved the story about your chickens. As I type dh is in preparing a canvas to paint. A couple of years ago we went to ME alone to celebrate our anniversary. I had fallen in love with a painting of a rooster. It cost about 8k!!! So dh took pictures of it and is attempting to paint it for me TODAY. Roosters have a special meaning to me (the decoration part mostly) because my mother decorated her kitchen with roosters before she became ill. I have inherited many of her roosters and have them incorporated into my kitchen/eating area. It reminded me of your hens "perching" in front of your window.:001_smile:

I loved the story about your chickens. As I type dh is in preparing a canvas to paint. A couple of years ago we went to ME alone to celebrate our anniversary. I had fallen in love with a painting of a rooster. It cost about 8k!!! So dh took pictures of it and is attempting to paint it for me TODAY. Roosters have a special meaning to me (the decoration part mostly) because my mother decorated her kitchen with roosters before she became ill. I have inherited many of her roosters and have them incorporated into my kitchen/eating area. It reminded me of your hens "perching" in front of your window.:001_smile:

Both my Nana and Papa were very artistic. Nana painted in oils, and Papa, though he was a tool and dye maker, made stained glass art. Some of my family's most coveted family heirlooms are Nana's paintings of her roosters and Papa's lampshades. So yes, I totally get the rooster painting want. :D My Aunt decorated her kitchen in chickens, and I'm collecting them, too.

It's a chicken obsession sisterhood. :D:D

Your Dh is a doll for painting that for you.

Your Dh is a doll for painting that for you.

He *IS* a doll and I'm VERY happy about the end product!

I was thinking of you tonight as dd11 and I looked through Victorian House kits to build together. :001_smile: I'd REALLY like to find a Chinese one to do with dd8. I found TONS of mini furniture for the CHinese one!

And we could crochet watermelon potholders for them.:001_smile:

He *IS* a doll and I'm VERY happy about the end product!

I was thinking of you tonight as dd11 and I looked through Victorian House kits to build together. :001_smile: I'd REALLY like to find a Chinese one to do with dd8. I found TONS of mini furniture for the CHinese one!

And we could crochet watermelon potholders for them.:001_smile:

Now where'd you find that? You mean a dollhouse kit?

No! We're going to build a Victorian house!!!

(yes I mean a dollhouse kit);)

Ahhh. I have one for my girls that we built years ago and never quite finished. I actually figured out the color scheme a few days ago-it's going ot be wild (I'll blog it :D). Show me how yours goes!

Ahhh. I have one for my girls that we built years ago and never quite finished. I actually figured out the color scheme a few days ago-it's going ot be wild (I'll blog it :D). Show me how yours goes!

we've decided to look for one at flea markets and garage sales so it could take awhile. I told dd that if we complete it all, provided it wasn't purchased already built, that we can buy another new. I also asked dh if we built it all would he wire it for us. :001_smile: Wow! That mini furniture is EXPENSIVE!

we've decided to look for one at flea markets and garage sales so it could take awhile. I told dd that if we complete it all, provided it wasn't purchased already built, that we can buy another new. I also asked dh if we built it all would he wire it for us. :001_smile: Wow! That mini furniture is EXPENSIVE!

You can use a coupon for AC Moore and get them half off. ;)

You should, it's so easy! http://pinterest.com/breeana/making-hooky/ There's some inspiration. :D:D

Oh wow - that is totally inspiring!!!

I think I forgot to mention that I never made it much beyond crocheting scarves. :lol: You've given me reason to give it a go though. I'm imagining that with youtube I should be able to follow something fairly simple.

Lovely, lovely, lovely. You mentioned Liberty of London prints in your most recent post. I recently read that those beautiful types of floral prints are about to come back into style!! The article I read, which quoted a famous designer, said that people are getting bored of the minimalist look and are craving beauty! Bring it on!!

Oh wow - that is totally inspiring!!!

I think I forgot to mention that I never made it much beyond crocheting scarves. :lol: You've given me reason to give it a go though. I'm imagining that with youtube I should be able to follow something fairly simple.

If you need help I think there are a lot of crochet/knitty ladies here who would love to add another member to the yarn addicted. :D

I loved the stars hanging on your porch' date=' justamouse.

I just finished making my star from scrapbook paper and love how large and colorful it is. I hung it in my dining room. Thanks for the inspiration and instructions. :)

Janell[/quote']

Yay! I'm so happy you made it!

Lovely, lovely, lovely. You mentioned Liberty of London prints in your most recent post. I recently read that those beautiful types of floral prints are about to come back into style!! The article I read, which quoted a famous designer, said that people are getting bored of the minimalist look and are craving beauty! Bring it on!!

I might expire of happiness. I needed to hear that. Yes, bring it on.