Menu

Lesson Pathways

I tried to use it as a stand alone curriculum, but it is VERY labor intensive. It doesn't provide printouts of what you need or anything like that. It's sort of like "Hey, this is what you should teach; and here's a bunch of links where you can find it. I don't use it as a whole program anymore, but do use it for extras regarding whatever we're doing if I think I need it. HTH

I tried to use it as a stand alone curriculum, but it is VERY labor intensive. It doesn't provide printouts of what you need or anything like that. It's sort of like "Hey, this is what you should teach; and here's a bunch of links where you can find it. I don't use it as a whole program anymore, but do use it for extras regarding whatever we're doing if I think I need it. HTH

:iagree: Too labor intesive go be a stand alone. Another similar program is Head of the Class. It has a downloadable manual for each grade level with a skills list and ideas to accomplish them. There are online activities (within the program, not outside links) and printable worksheets.

If what you are looking for is a framework to build your own curriculum from (free), then I highly recommend the Baltimore Curriculum Project. They are lessons plans to go along with the Core Knowledge Series (What Your * Grader Kneeds to Know).

Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely look into it:001_smile:

:iagree: Too labor intesive go be a stand alone. Another similar program is Head of the Class. It has a downloadable manual for each grade level with a skills list and ideas to accomplish them. There are online activities (within the program, not outside links) and printable worksheets.

If what you are looking for is a framework to build your own curriculum from (free), then I highly recommend the Baltimore Curriculum Project. They are lessons plans to go along with the Core Knowledge Series (What Your * Grader Kneeds to Know).

I am about to start using it for my DD. I don't mind clicking all the links or gathering the materials. My DD really enjoys using a variety of methods to learn. I find it much easier to use then having to search the web myself.

We will be using History, Science and Language Arts as stand alones and the Maths as a supplement.

I tried Head of the Class - I and my DD hate it. Don't know if there is a glitch in the program or what but it keeps cycling through things we have already just completed.

When we start getting bored with what we are doing we will usually do a week of Lesson Pathways and Head of the Class, with some educational games thrown in. I don't print much, I will pick and choose which links in Lesson Pathways to follow and I just don't pick ones that involve printing anything unless they look really spectacular (and that isn't often).

At Head of the Class a lot of the worksheets can be completed online also.

I haven't found either to involve a lot of planning, both are all laid out in an organized fashion. I'm a little too confident about what I want my dc to learn to be downloading any skills manuals or checklists on Head of the Class. For Lesson Pathways all I have to do is pick which links I want to click on, and often I do that on the fly. If I don't like what I see when I click, I tell the dc 'wait, lets try the next one'. No big deal. Not labor intensive for me! We also have Discovery Streaming, so if a topic is particularly interesting or if I think that we need a little more information on it I can do a search on DSE and usually find a few videos. I also only pick crafts or activities that I already have the supplies for, so no preparation there either. Then I log the completed work in HST. Voila!

Edited by Rainefox