Menu

Can I call myself a homeschooler now?

I'm going to start teaching math to 3 homeschooled kids today! I probably still can't call myself a homeschooler, huh, since the kids I'll be teaching aren't my own.:tongue_smilie:

So what do I get to call myself? Private Tutor sounds much more snooty, but maybe I'll go with "In-Home Tutor" because that's a step closer to claiming the "official" title of homeschooler!:D

How exciting! What ages are you teaching?

I should have said teens, not kids, as they're 17, 15, and 13. We're starting at a 4th/5th grade level however, so I'm sure I'll be asking for the Hive's advice/wisdom on dealing with some things.

You earned the title of homeschool mom when your son was born.:)

Thanks! I sure feel like one in spirit at least as I've known I wanted to homeschool for almost 11 years! I'm so excited to work with these teens. Sometimes I miss formal teaching so much that I can hardly wait until my little guy is ready to "do school." I know I'll have to fight the urge to get too formal too early. Thanks to Spycar's glowing recommendation of Leapfrog Letter Factory, however, my ds knows 19 letter sounds and I can make dinner without a leech on my leg.:D