Menu

Would you share your 3rd grade science plans? Pretty please?

KIN

Would you please share your 3rd grade science plans? I was planning to do Apologia's Flying Things b/c we are enjoying Astronomy so much, but I decided I should check into WTM rec's as well. So, I pulled my book back out again. I wanted your opinions too. Are you doing chemistry and the WTM rec's or something else? What? Thanks!!

We are just finishing up Singapore's My Pals Are Here Science , 3rd grade. It really pushed dd to think and it was easy to implement. It does not follow WTM rec's.

I did Singapore 5th and 6th with my oldest and just got 3rd in the mail, however, Singaporemath website doesn't even list a test book for the third grade like it does for the other grades Do you know if they even offer it at 3rd grade level?

One of the reasons I like Singapore science is because the tests are so well designed. While it doesn't follow WTM recommendations of choosing one area per year, the Singapore Science lessons are short enough that we had plenty of time during the school year to do a lot of outside reading in science.

Would you please share your 3rd grade science plans? I was planning to do Apologia's Flying Things b/c we are enjoying Astronomy so much, but I decided I should check into WTM rec's as well. So, I pulled my book back out again. I wanted your opinions too. Are you doing chemistry and the WTM rec's or something else? What? Thanks!!

Nope not doing WTM recomendations.

My oldest did half a year of Apologia Botany then half a year of Winter Promise Animals and Their Worlds.

My 2nd dd will probably end up doing half a year of Apologia Zoo 2 and Zoo 3 for 3rd grade.

My kids just prefer Biology. I stopped fighting them and go with that for the younger years. That is why my oldest now is doing God's Design in addition to listening into the Biology the younger kids are doing. Starting in 4th I made it a requirement to do SOME, ANY other type of science. She is doing Earth science and loving it, but still says she is going to be a Zoologist/Botanist when she grows up. :rolleyes:

Heather