Menu

Timeline figures on PDF?

Aconnolley

Can anyone recommend timeline figures to use with ancient history? I have three kids who each have their own timeline books, so I am thinking that PDF version would be cheaper. Of course, if someone knows of something free, that would be great too! :001_smile:

Thanks!

Angela

Honestly, if I hadn't wimped out and just bought the Sonlight ones, I might go hunting through Google Images with a keyword phrase for the person or event I was putting on the timeline. You can do "line drawing"-restricted searches, for instance, in "black and white" (to save on ink), and then just scroll through until you find something you like.

For instance, I just clicked on a link given from a search for "Caesar" and found this. A little further investigation revealed that the site this came from is the ClipArt ETC, an online service of Florida's Educational Technology Clearinghouse, which has 3,981 illustrations of "Famous People" in its database of "65,281 pieces of free clipart." There's a pretty cool resource I never knew about before!

Even if you do purchase a pre-made package, doing this can help you supplement it if you feel that's necessary.

Thank you very much for the recommendations. I checked them out. I liked Homeschool in the Woods, but didn't want to invest the $75 to get the CD right now. I found out on the Rainbow Resource site that the printed version is reproducible, so I can buy one and make copies for all my kids. Problem solved. :-)

Thanks again!

Angela

Honestly, if I hadn't wimped out and just bought the Sonlight ones, I might go hunting through Google Images with a keyword phrase for the person or event I was putting on the timeline. You can do "line drawing"-restricted searches, for instance, in "black and white" (to save on ink), and then just scroll through until you find something you like.

For instance, I just clicked on a link given from a search for "Caesar" and found this. A little further investigation revealed that the site this came from is the ClipArt ETC, an online service of Florida's Educational Technology Clearinghouse, which has 3,981 illustrations of "Famous People" in its database of "65,281 pieces of free clipart." There's a pretty cool resource I never knew about before!

Even if you do purchase a pre-made package, doing this can help you supplement it if you feel that's necessary.

Thanks for the link--that site is wonderful!:)

Thank you very much for the recommendations. I checked them out. I liked Homeschool in the Woods, but didn't want to invest the $75 to get the CD right now. I found out on the Rainbow Resource site that the printed version is reproducible, so I can buy one and make copies for all my kids. Problem solved. :-)

Thanks again!

Angela

You can buy them from HSITW too by each pack. OR, better yet from The Old Schoolhouse Store and get FREE shipping. :D