Menu

Does anyone else the Diana Waring

Abbeygurl4

CD's are irritating? We are listening to "what in the World" and her constant laughing is really irritating. It undermines her knowledge and makes the cd difficult to listen to.

We are using HOD's CtC so it's part of the curriculum. Can anyone tell me if the CDs get better or if there is something we can replace them with?

I like what she has to say and she IS intelligent, but her laughing gets on my nerves. It's almost mocking, kwim? Like she is saying "hahaha ..... can you believe some people actually think/believe ....... hahaha"

My 12 yo ds is very fact oriented and no-nonense kind of personality and so am I so it's a bit of a chore to listen to her. I want to post on HOD to see if there is an alternative, but I feel we'd be in a minority on this.

I too am interested to know if anyone substitutes something for this part of the HOD program. My dd doesn't particularly care for this CD (we are using the CTC program too....don't know about the later ones), and I have mixed thoughts still. We both find it hard to listen to....she talks very fast (for us...LOL...)

(ETA: The content is interesting....the style is hard to listen to.)

I like what she has to say and she IS intelligent, but her laughing gets on my nerves. It's almost mocking, kwim? Like she is saying "hahaha ..... can you believe some people actually think/believe ....... hahaha"

My 12 yo ds is very fact oriented and no-nonense kind of personality and so am I so it's a bit of a chore to listen to her. I want to post on HOD to see if there is an alternative, but I feel we'd be in a minority on this.

Hmm .. my kind of personality too. I'm far from having to think about it but I'm interested all the same. :)

I wonder how much help posting on the HOD board would be since they have that clause about not discussing curriculum/books that aren't scheduled in the guides - that the forum is for helping people use HOD "as is". You can always try but perhaps the Yahoo group would be a better place.

I posted a similar thread last fall. Then for a short time my kids thought they were "ok" (and I think I posted that it got better for us) but in the end we stopped using them. I love what she has to say too, but just couldn't get past the delivery style. We were using the Ancient Civ & the Bible series and had all 3--Digging Deeper, What in the World, and True Tales. I think of her laugh more as communicating her love of history & amazement at God's hand throughout, but it does get distracting.