Menu

Is there a such thing??

nov05mama

The one I have found that goes farthest back is the "staircase of time" that RR sells, which goes with CHOW. SL's Book of Time goes back to 5000 BC, not that that helps much. RR also carries a timeline of the dinosaurs that covers 240 million years ago to 66.4 million years ago, if that's what you're looking for.

This thread might help you:

prehistoric timeline help please

I also did a search and tagged some threads: secular timeline

Thank you! Very helpful! I have been wanting the History Odyssey timeline for quite some time and I think that may be the route we go and then just add whatever one a homemade one for any preshistoric events.

I guess more explanation might help...DH is Muslim and so I am trying to keep our history in line with the Islamic calendar or a more 'secular' one (i.e. without BC/AD...I guess CE is the more common alternative?). I worry about just how confusing all of this will be though? Is it really worth trying to make that work or should I just stick with the civil dating of BC/AD??

All I know is I am confusing the heck out of myself just trying to figure it all out!!

There is a member on here who has a timeline going back very far in time posted on her blog for downloading. I'll try to figure out who she is!

Eta- re bc or bce, I don't think that's complicated, and I'd just explain different people write it different ways (ad or ce). You could explain in more detail if he asked, but... I don't think it's that confusing, frankly.

Okay here it is, made by member Geek, who said:

I made one myself about five years ago when I couldn't find anything with dates prior to 5,000 BCE.

The directions are contained within the file.

Please feel free to ask any questions and to share this link wherever you wish. All I ask is that no one charge anyone for it.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/1330617/geek-s-old-earth-history-timeline-adobe-acrobat-format-pdf-august-24-2009-5-13-pm-177k

OR

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/1330617/geek-s-old-earth-history-timeline-adobe-acroba?tr=77

<--- it's 175 pages long

If nothing else, you could make your own, along the lines of Geek's.

Edited by stripe
added links