Menu

How can I see testimony in the Casey Anthony trial that I've missed?

Ok...this is a bit embarrassing to admit, but I'm obsessed with the Casey Anthony trial. When I can, I've been watching it live on my computer. But, of course, life goes on and I have to miss a lot of it. I am wondering if anyone knows how to either record the live stream so I can watch it later? Or is there a website that shows the entire trial later so you can see any testimony you missed?

I'm watching it live from this website: http://www.news-press.com/article/20110624/NEWS01/110624010/1075/Suspicious-south-Fort-Myers-house-fire-under-investigation/Live-video--Casey-Anthony-trial-continues?odyssey=mod|mostview

There's a window embedded in this website that you can click on to view the trial live...

Never mind. I think I just found it on youtube. It's probably obvious to check there, but I'm still so old-school, I just now figured it out! :tongue_smilie:

I am obsessed too.

Did you see the judge just threw a spectator in jai for 6 days for flipping off the prosecutor? Wow! He doesn't mess around....$400 fine too.

Defense has rested...Casey won't be testifying.

I am obsessed too.

Did you see the judge just threw a spectator in jai for 6 days for flipping off the prosecutor? Wow! He doesn't mess around....$400 fine too.

Defense has rested...Casey won't be testifying.

So glad I'm not the only one!!!! I was starting to feel lonely! ;)

I DID see that!!! Wow!! That freaked me out!!! You sure don't want to mess with Judge Perry! I saw a video of it too, it was super-subtle. I'm surprised anyone even noticed it! And to put him in jail!

I'll be watching tomorrow. Interested to see how the defense sums it all up since they really didn't show much proof of all their accusations from their opening statement!

I'm a junkie too! I was glued to the TV yesterday when the alleged mistress was on the stand. I LOL'd when the prosecution asked her if she really thought the National Enquirer was really the press that would be honest with her story.

I can't believe the things the defense opened the door to. The burial of the pets? That was just stupid. Of course all the prosecution had to ask was "Was Casey present at these burials and did she know that you wrapped them in plastic bags?" The jury would never have know that had the defense not brought it into play. To me that seemed incredibly damming. I'm sure they were trying to say "Hey, look, this is what the parents do to their pets. They could have done it to Caylee too," but the prosecution made the point that so could Casey. I don't think it helped add reasonable doubt.

Also, all that back and forth on the stand with her family! I think George was on a total of 5 or 6 times. That's almost unheard of.

The closing arguments are today and I can't wait to see what the defense says. According to my lawyer friend, they can't bring up any of the allegations they made in their opening statements (accidental drowning, sexual abuse, etc), because they didn't offer any proof (or any evidence at all really) during the course of the trial. He said they may try, but the judge will not allow it and will likely not look kindly upon it and neither will the juror.

I feel incredibly sorry for the jury. They are in a tough spot. I fully think she did it. Going in I had a niggling thought that it *might* have been an accident and she panicked, but after watching the trial and watching her demeanor and reactions (most of which I think are totally faked for effect), I believe she did it. Could I send her to her death though? I don't know.

I'm a junkie too! I was glued to the TV yesterday when the alleged mistress was on the stand. I LOL'd when the prosecution asked her if she really thought the National Enquirer was really the press that would be honest with her story.

That was just classic!!!! :lol:

I can't believe the things the defense opened the door to. The burial of the pets? That was just stupid. Of course all the prosecution had to ask was "Was Casey present at these burials and did she know that you wrapped them in plastic bags?" The jury would never have know that had the defense not brought it into play. To me that seemed incredibly damming. I'm sure they were trying to say "Hey, look, this is what the parents do to their pets. They could have done it to Caylee too," but the prosecution made the point that so could Casey. I don't think it helped add reasonable doubt.

To me it made me feel like Casey didn't see sweet little Caylee as anything more than a pet that was fun to play with, but that she felt she could put "up" when she didn't want to play anymore. I agree. It was very damming! The defense doesn't seem to be doing Casey any favors!

Also, all that back and forth on the stand with her family! I think George was on a total of 5 or 6 times. That's almost unheard of.

The closing arguments are today and I can't wait to see what the defense says. According to my lawyer friend, they can't bring up any of the allegations they made in their opening statements (accidental drowning, sexual abuse, etc), because they didn't offer any proof (or any evidence at all really) during the course of the trial. He said they may try, but the judge will not allow it and will likely not look kindly upon it and neither will the juror.

I didn't know that. I thought they could still bring it up. I think it is strange how they started with that, and never really went anywhere with it!

I feel incredibly sorry for the jury. They are in a tough spot. I fully think she did it. Going in I had a niggling thought that it *might* have been an accident and she panicked, but after watching the trial and watching her demeanor and reactions (most of which I think are totally faked for effect), I believe she did it. Could I send her to her death though? I don't know.

I agree. I feel uncomfortable with her getting the death penalty. For me, that is more for serial killers. But I would NEVER want her to get out and definitely NEVER want her to be a mom again.:glare: I'd have a hard time being a jury that had to make a choice like that.

:iagree:

I was really busy today and only saw bits and pieces of it, but I think the prosecution brought in witnesses to prove Cindy WAS at work and could not have made those incriminating searches.

I LOVED when the female prosecutor asked Cindy, 'Did you ever chloraform any of your pets?' And the male prosecutor asked George, 'Did you ever dump your pets in a swamp?'

I still believe Casey did it. Can't be positive it was 'intentional' (although chloraforming your child makes it a capital crime)....seems she had not real plan to dispose of the body so that makes me think it was accidental....I don't know. Maybe even Caylee did drown, but I don't believe George was there or knew anything about it.

I do believe the internet searches prove Casey had some evil intent of some sort....but she might have been planning to kill her parents--who knows!

One thing is for sure....when you lie your entire life you will not be believed when push comes to shove.

Here's a link to a website that has all of today's testimony/rebuttal on it if you are interested:

http://www.wftv.com/video/28423426/index.html

There are 7 parts to it. It gets really long. Basically it just proved that Cindy lied for her daughter and the records prove she was at work.

I found the whole thing really sad. Her mother trying so hard to save her and being proved a liar in court...

I'll be watching on Sunday as well.

Do you all think she'll be proved guilty?

I don't think she set out to intentionally kill Caylee. I think that she chloroformed her in order to have her sleep when she wanted to go out and party. With no job, she couldn't afford to hire a babysitter. She made up one because she couldn't tell folks, "Yeah, I drugged her and she's home alone." So the fake nanny was to explain where Caylee was when Casey was partying. Some people have speculated that Zanny is a nickname for Zanax, which is a sleeping pill. So Zanny the Nanny would be an inference to giving your child something (not necessarily Zanax) in order to put them to sleep. One night, she gave her too much and she died. She couldn't call 911 because they'd detect the chloroform pretty quickly. She then applied the duct tape and made it look like a kidnapping.

The computer searches could reveal nothing more than a fascination with death or gory stuff. For instance, the 'neck breaking' search lead her to a page on martial arts. Just as there are people who enjoy horror movies like Saw, there are people who have rather macabre tastes in all sorts of stuff.

As for the drowning theory...if the child drown, either on purpose or accidentally, she'd have called 911 and played the hysterical mother and we'd never have heard of it in the national media. Unfortunately, drowning is very common with young children in Florida. :(

I think she's extremely self-centered and used to getting her own way. She certainly thought that her parents would lie for her -- and they caught her mother doing so on the stand. But her father wouldn't do it. He wouldn't lie and say that he was there for any accidental drowning.

I think she'll be found guilty, but I don't think she'll get the death penalty. I think she'll get a lengthy prison sentence though.

Oh..and an interesting twist no one had thought of until her mother lied on the stand. Cindy said that she noticed the dogs were sleeping a lot and she thought they were eating something in the yard. People are now speculating that Casey experimented on the dogs with the chloroform before she started giving it to Caylee. I don't think anyone would've connected the two events w/o Cindy's testimony on the stand.

Something else to consider...Caylee was a few months shy of 3 years old. As she grew older, she would've grown more verbal...and she would've started to tell folks (like her grandparents) that there is no Zanny. Perhaps she would've started to talk about how her mother puts a rag over her face and makes her go to sleep. If there was any "premeditation" involved, it could've been a timing issue for that reason.

Oh..and an interesting twist no one had thought of until her mother lied on the stand. Cindy said that she noticed the dogs were sleeping a lot and she thought they were eating something in the yard. People are now speculating that Casey experimented on the dogs with the chloroform before she started giving it to Caylee. I don't think anyone would've connected the two events w/o Cindy's testimony on the stand.

I thought this too. The defense opened sooo very many doors that IMO did nothing but help the prosecution.

Something else to consider...Caylee was a few months shy of 3 years old. As she grew older, she would've grown more verbal...and she would've started to tell folks (like her grandparents) that there is no Zanny. Perhaps she would've started to talk about how her mother puts a rag over her face and makes her go to sleep. If there was any "premeditation" involved, it could've been a timing issue for that reason.

This could be very true. It would be harder to hide things once Caylee could really talk and tell people (even unintentionally, like little kids tend to do) what went on in her house.

I saw bits of the rebuttal stuff on the news where they had the computer expert on talking about how the searches were typed and not pop ups and how the mom was logged in and entering information during the time of the searches. I feel so bad for Cindy. I can't imagine what it must be like to know that your daughter could be sent to death for killing your granddaughter. I can't say I wouldn't lie to protect my boys from a death penalty. Does anyone think the state will pursue purjury charges against her?

I don't know if they'll go after Cindy. On the one hand, they may feel that she's suffered enough with the loss of her granddaughter. On the other hand, they already have the evidence they need...just have to file the paperwork. And this entire process is costing the taxpayers a ton. I think I heard around $1 million.

I don't know. I could see it going either way.

I've followed this case from the beginning and I think that Casey's refusal to tell what really happened is why folks are so angry.

Yes, Susan Smith lied about being carjacked when she drove her car into that lake in South Carolina (I remember being SOOO upset about that because my 2 oldest children were the same ages as her boys when it occurred), but, when presented with the inconsistencies in her story, she confessed within a few days.

And Andrea Yates (the mom who drown her 5 children in the bathtub in Texas) was truly mentally ill. She confessed to the crime immediately.

I can't believe that after all this time -- 3 years -- she hasn't cracked and confessed. That's why I was rather surprised that she didn't take the stand. Your defensive team has nothing. What have you got to lose? Although, if she gets convicted, she can certainly appeal on the grounds of ineffective counsel. Which is why I think her attorney (Jose Baez) came across as such a buffoon. I believe that has been intentional.

Although, if she gets convicted, she can certainly appeal on the grounds of ineffective counsel. Which is why I think her attorney (Jose Baez) came across as such a buffoon. I believe that has been intentional.

She can appeal on this, but I doubt it would work since she decided not to testify. If she truly believed her counsel was ineffective, she had the opportunity to take the stand herself and chose not to.

I wouldn't let Jose Baez notarize a piece of paper for me! I can't believe he would get many more clients after this. He's not a PD is he? Yes, this case will make him famous, but famous for being an idiot, not a good lawyer.

I don't think she set out to intentionally kill Caylee. I think that she chloroformed her in order to have her sleep when she wanted to go out and party. With no job, she couldn't afford to hire a babysitter. She made up one because she couldn't tell folks, "Yeah, I drugged her and she's home alone." So the fake nanny was to explain where Caylee was when Casey was partying. Some people have speculated that Zanny is a nickname for Zanax, which is a sleeping pill. So Zanny the Nanny would be an inference to giving your child something (not necessarily Zanax) in order to put them to sleep. One night, she gave her too much and she died. She couldn't call 911 because they'd detect the chloroform pretty quickly. She then applied the duct tape and made it look like a kidnapping.

The computer searches could reveal nothing more than a fascination with death or gory stuff. For instance, the 'neck breaking' search lead her to a page on martial arts. Just as there are people who enjoy horror movies like Saw, there are people who have rather macabre tastes in all sorts of stuff.

As for the drowning theory...if the child drown, either on purpose or accidentally, she'd have called 911 and played the hysterical mother and we'd never have heard of it in the national media. Unfortunately, drowning is very common with young children in Florida. :(

I think she's extremely self-centered and used to getting her own way. She certainly thought that her parents would lie for her -- and they caught her mother doing so on the stand. But her father wouldn't do it. He wouldn't lie and say that he was there for any accidental drowning.

I think she'll be found guilty, but I don't think she'll get the death penalty. I think she'll get a lengthy prison sentence though.

:iagree: This has been the theory of the case that has made the most sense to me as well. I think if she drowned Casey would have used it to get more attention! A "poor me, my baby drowned" thing. I don't think she would have covered it up or lied about it.

This could be very true. It would be harder to hide things once Caylee could really talk and tell people (even unintentionally, like little kids tend to do) what went on in her house.

So weird that you all wrote this yesterday! You all so accurately predicted a prosecution theory! This is exactly what the prosecution pointed to as motive today! You ladies are smart!

I did not think about that before, but it makes perfect sense. It starts to make me believe that maybe there really was some premeditation. So sad to really think that though....

I also am beginning to think it might be premeditated as I consider how Casey acted after Caylee's death. I am thinking that if it had been an accident, something like knocking her out with cholorform so she can party and accidently killing her that way, that she would seem depressed and anxious, cranky even over the next 31 days. She would cover it up, but there would be testimony of how irritable or unhappy she had been. The opposite seems to be true. She was renting movies and going to parties. She seemed happy. It makes me feel like maybe this was more intentional and she was cheering her new, free life and feeling like she was getting away with it....hmmmm.....glad I'm not on the jury....

Wow... that's weird to think about. I hadn't heard anyone mention that, but it makes a lot of sense.

I hate-hate-hate this case because it breaks my heart. I hate seeing the face of that beautiful child. I wish we had never heard her name. It is so sad that she came to such a sad end. I wish I didn't follow it, but I do. The past few days, at least. I'm hoping for some justice for her loss.

I am so glad I'm not on the jury. I don't think I could take the stress.

Do you think they'll deliberate long? I know I'm tired of all the details and keep hoping it's over quickly. Do you think the jurors (individually) have made a decision? Will they be anxious to get it finished? Can you imagine being sequestered this long?

I'm learning quite a bit about how court works and I think the judge is admirable. I know I couldn't be so cool headed and alert through this whole thing.

I hate-hate-hate this case because it breaks my heart. I hate seeing the face of that beautiful child. I wish we had never heard her name. It is so sad that she came to such a sad end. I wish I didn't follow it, but I do. The past few days, at least. I'm hoping for some justice for her loss.

I am so glad I'm not on the jury. I don't think I could take the stress.

Do you think they'll deliberate long? I know I'm tired of all the details and keep hoping it's over quickly. Do you think the jurors (individually) have made a decision? Will they be anxious to get it finished? Can you imagine being sequestered this long?

I'm learning quite a bit about how court works and I think the judge is admirable. I know I couldn't be so cool headed and alert through this whole thing.

:iagree: Wow. I totally feel the same way you do. I want to hold Caylee in my arms and take her away...can't truly believe that beautiful little girl is gone. Don't want to really take in what she must have gone through. I'm tired of all the details, I wish I had never heard of this, but I can't look away. I'm drawn in by the juxtaposition of the lively beauty of this wonderful little girl, and the cold, stoic face of her "mother".

I think the jury has a lot to think about. I don't think they will take very long though. I think they are so ready to get home to their families.

I don't think they'll deliberate long because they've been away from their families for six weeks. But...all it takes is one hold-out...one person who has made up their mind and won't budge.

I don't want a hung jury. I don't want to go through the entire process all over again.

The prosecution needs to do a excellent job in the morning during their rebuttal argument. If they do that, and tie everything together, I don't think it'll take long for them to reach a decision.

:iagree: Last night, in one of the commentaries, they said that jury #4 was not looking at Ashton while he was talking. She was looking all around the room and tapping her leg with her pen. It made me worry about her being that "one" that hangs everyone up. I'm with you. I don't want a hung jury. I'm ready for this to wrap up, however that is...

:iagree: Last night, in one of the commentaries, they said that jury #4 was not looking at Ashton while he was talking. She was looking all around the room and tapping her leg with her pen. It made me worry about her being that "one" that hangs everyone up. I'm with you. I don't want a hung jury. I'm ready for this to wrap up, however that is...

Juror #4 is the one who told the judge during jury selection that she didn't want to 'judge' anyone. She worries me.

Shamefully, I have been somewhat interested in the trial but had absolutely no clue you could watch the whole thing! Might be interesting to watch.

ETA: If I could get past dh, he thinks people that watch that stuff are weird and would frown on it. I used to watch CSI (and a couple others) and he thought the people who can watch those shows are psycho. *Sigh* I miss watching those shows!

Shamefully, I have been somewhat interested in the trial but had absolutely no clue you could watch the whole thing! Might be interesting to watch.

ETA: If I could get past dh, he thinks people that watch that stuff are weird and would frown on it. I used to watch CSI (and a couple others) and he thought the people who can watch those shows are psycho. *Sigh* I miss watching those shows!

You can come over to my house and watch with me! ;)

I'm definitely psycho, because I love shows that deal with crime and court rooms. :D

But this trial is real. And my stomache turns when I really take in what has happened. I get caught up in all the drama. It is stranger than any fiction I've ever watched. But then, I remember how real it all is, and I feel sick.

I feel so sorry for the Anthony family. I can't imagine...

You can come over to my house and watch with me! ;)

I'm definitely psycho, because I love shows that deal with crime and court rooms. :D

But this trial is real. And my stomache turns when I really take in what has happened. I get caught up in all the drama. It is stranger than any fiction I've ever watched. But then, I remember how real it all is, and I feel sick.

I feel so sorry for the Anthony family. I can't imagine...

Me too. I feel really really sorry for her parents and her brother. I do not think they are near as 'dysfunctional' as some have said.

I don't blame them for not being overly helpful in the prosecution's quest to send Casey to Death Row, but I wish they had not lied....I believe Cindy lied about the computer searches and George lied about the affair. I do not believe however, that either of them (or anyone else for that matter) is involved in Caylee's murder.

I have cable and the station In Session ran live coverage of it from 9am to 3pm and then HLN covered it from 3pm to 5pm.

Your best bet if you have cable is HLN (Headline News Network). They broadcast live today and showed clips from the closing arguments and are on verdict watch now.

I'm sure there are online sites, but I haven't watched it online, so I can't recommend any of those.

I feel so bad for everyone involved int his case. Well, maybe not Casey, but her family and former friends. This whole case has been insane and just heartbreaking. We watched most of the prosecution rebuttal yesterday and thought they did a really good job wrapping it up. I don't envy the jury (esp. since juror #4 seems like such a wildcard).

Let me know if you hear that the jury is in. I don't have extended cable, so I don't have CNN, Fox News or any of those other channels that would announce when they are in.

I wonder how long they will have to work to agree...

I also feel sorry for the jury. To be away from everyone so long, and then, if they can't agree...:glare:

Yah. I saw that. I'm sick to my stomach. Still can't believe they didn't think she was guilty of ANYTHING but the lying. I feel like Caylee is forgotten and it makes me sad. It also freaks me out that Casey can get out young enough to get pregnant again! :ack2:

I was wondering what you all, who have watched the trial with me, have been thinking. I think it feels more intense to me because I got so sucked in. Sort of regretting getting so involved! It really threw me to hear NOT GUILTY and see Casey smile over that! Ick!