Menu

Best book for Memory work suggestions ...

ChrissySC

I have Living Memory, and it is an excellent resource. I think the only place to get is Lulu online. Another resource you might consider is the "Everything You Need to Know About...." series. They have one for world history, science, math, US history, etc.

I have Living Memory, and it is an excellent resource. I think the only place to get is Lulu online. Another resource you might consider is the "Everything You Need to Know About...." series. They have one for world history, science, math, US history, etc.

I did not think about the "Everything you need to know" book.

Do you like the lists in Living Memory though? Do they help throughout or basically grammar based?

You can also get the Classical Conversations Memory Guide. It has grammar, science, history, math, and geography separated into weekly groups. It also gives a chronological timeline for the Veritas history cards. I think you have to get it at the classical conversations bookstore.

You can also get the Classical Conversations Memory Guide. It has grammar, science, history, math, and geography separated into weekly groups. It also gives a chronological timeline for the Veritas history cards. I think you have to get it at the classical conversations bookstore.

Oh flippin-pancake-make-a-mess, can you link me? I cannot navigate today. :glare:

You can also buy it at RainbowResources now. :hurray: It's fantastic resource!!

You are right, the CC book is expensive, but worth buying used. I'll keep my eye out.

I am so very tempted with Living Memory.

Does anyone know if the memory lists/content are similar to the sample of CC? I have a general use set for our organizer, but I suppose I need the "stuff" to help start putting it to great use. KWIM?

Living Memory contains hundreds of selections in all subjects, including Latin and Greek. In Latin, for example, it's not just grammar forms, but proverbs, poetry, hymns. Same for Greek. English has everything from the alphabet song to Shakespeare. History includes speeches, extensive world history timelines, and a few lists (presidents, kings and queens of England, Roman rulers). The idea is to memorize things that fit in with what you're teaching in your curriculum, not to learn things randomly or out of context.

I put it together because I hated having to scare up memory work selections on the Internet or copy from multiple books. I was not terribly impressed with the other available commercial resources, none of which included enough Latin or Greek to be useful to me, and all of which were (imo) overpriced for what you get.

And now I'll stop, since I sound more and more like an ad. ;)

Actually, your ad is what just what I needed. Thank you. I only have a few things to wrap up in July, and this was an area where I was not making progress.

I will buy it this week. :) Of course, thanks to another poster, I will be getting Fallacy Dective and the Thinking Toolbox too. I settled logic today!

Thanks everyone for your help! You are awesome as always.