Menu

s/o used curriculum - buyer's perspective

I didn't read all the posts in the "selling used curriculum" threads, but the general idea seemed to be that it wasn't worth it. I'm really sorry for those of you who've gotten burned, but I just wanted to add another perspective (and I'm sorry if it was already dealt with in those threads):

Can I just say that I have just been so blessed to receive something I bought used? I wasn't expecting it until today or tomorrow. This morning my kids were releasing a bug to the outdoors, and found the package on my doorstep. Completely soaked from last night's rain. I fully expected to be using a water damaged set of books...so I cut the package open, to find that the books were wrapped in ziploc bags and were in perfect condition (Thank you, Lori D.!)

I am SO appreciative of the fact that she was willing to sell, and that she took such care in packaging. I've bought things from others in the past, and always had good experiences, so to all of you sellers:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I recently emailed a lady from whom I bought something quite a while ago that was very cheap and extremely fantastic, to thank her. I've benefitted a lot from used stuff, and I hope my small payment helped out the seller.

So count me in to the grateful group.

I didn't read all the posts in the "selling used curriculum" threads, but the general idea seemed to be that it wasn't worth it. I'm really sorry for those of you who've gotten burned, but I just wanted to add another perspective (and I'm sorry if it was already dealt with in those threads):

Can I just say that I have just been so blessed to receive something I bought used? I wasn't expecting it until today or tomorrow. This morning my kids were releasing a bug to the outdoors, and found the package on my doorstep. Completely soaked from last night's rain. I fully expected to be using a water damaged set of books...so I cut the package open, to find that the books were wrapped in ziploc bags and were in perfect condition (Thank you, Lori D.!)

I am SO appreciative of the fact that she was willing to sell, and that she took such care in packaging. I've bought things from others in the past, and always had good experiences, so to all of you sellers:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

A friend of mine, who has graduated her fourth out of high school, just sold me all four years of vintage TOG at a great price. I thought I would be getting a couple envelopes and ended up getting a huge box filled with highly organized envelopes for each year and unit.

It was such a delight. Even if we only use it as a reading guide, it will be well worth our having. (Leading discussions isn't something I need a ton of help with.)

I love buying (and selling) used curriculum. But I have found that in person sales and sales within groups I know work best for me.