Menu

I should have my Homeschool Mom card revoked

Over a week into this bed bug fiasco and I just now thought of pulling out the microscope. :lol: Ds asked if they have sucking mouths. I guess we will be digging through bags to find our Apologia zoology book and setting up the microscope tomorrow.

I need to check in here more... you're fighting the Bed Bug Wars too?? I hate those little suckers. They're eating me alive. Stupid things. If I had a microscope, it might be cool to check them out, though. ;) Let me know how it goes. In the meantime, I'm bombing the house tomorrow. :glare:

You know.. when I was a teen I read a Grace Livingston Hill book about some children who "ran away" so as not to be displaced after parents passed and so on. One scene from the book that stuck with me was bed bugs.

They were in a cheap run down hotel and it had bed bugs. Turned out bed bugs can "arrive" if bedding isn't changed ever 5 days or something like that. That particular scene stuck with me so well I change my beds weekly much to the horror of some. :lol:

We tried to find dust mites under the microscope when we learned ds was allergic to them. No luck. Are bed bugs easier to catch, for the microscope I mean?

The ones in our house are big. You can't miss those suckers. There are tiny ones in the sheets and such too, though (we've covered our mattresses, so they're not in there, thank goodness). The tiny ones are red, so if you can see them on a white surface, they're easy to spot.

I need to check in here more... you're fighting the Bed Bug Wars too?? I hate those little suckers. They're eating me alive. Stupid things. If I had a microscope, it might be cool to check them out, though. ;) Let me know how it goes. In the meantime, I'm bombing the house tomorrow. :glare:

NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!! Whatever you do, do not use those bug bombs!!! They will only make the problem worse! It does not kill them and will send them into breeding overdrive! You have to call an exterminator. And you have to get one that knows what they are doing. We have treated the house three times and are still finding live ones.

Oh, NO, don't say that!!! :crying: We can't afford an exterminator right now, and I'm already going to bed every night with Off all over me! (Helps some, not a ton, but I'm not crazy about hitting the sack coated in chemicals.) Luckily, the little buggers only like 3 of us, me and 2 of my DDs. But, I feel so bad for my DDs. :(

((mumbles and grumbles)) Stupid hotels... went to a homeschooling convention and came back with bedbugs. $150 dang dollars a night, too. :cursing: