Menu

For all those who follwed and answered my dog threads...

We got an English Springer Spaniel puppy! Dd named him Miles. He is a breath of fresh air after dealing with the unbalanced Cocker we had on trial. He loves everyone he meets and is getting used to cars and other noises out in public.

At 9 weeks he is already sleeping from 11:30-7 with no messes. He already sits on command and comes when called reliably. We are working on clicker training for new behaviors like walking on a loose leash and down. Later today we are going to work on training with all 3 dogs at once. I notice he carefully watches the other dogs and tries to do what they do, we'll see if that helps with training. I think he's going to be a great 4h dog for Dd. She is doing most of the potty training and he seems to be getting the idea.

We've introduced him to our other dogs (on leash) and so far so good. He can get a little too exuberant for them at times, so we are watching carefully and giving our other dogs plenty of attention and time alone as well.

Shannon

Here are a few photos for those who asked (and those who like looking at puppies!)

post-2427-13535085016916_thumb.jpg

post-2427-13535085017249_thumb.jpg

post-2427-13535085017705_thumb.jpg

Miles is adorable! Thank you for updating and for posting pictures.

Thank you! I've been following posts with Aidan as well and thinking how cute he is and looks like a lot of fun too!