Menu

WWE PDF or Book?

:bigear:

I purchased PDFs of SOTW, FLL, and OPGTR. I'm planning to read SOTW to my kids from my iPod Touch. So far, I haven't been able to open OPGTR on my iTouch as the file is just too big. I'd love to hear if this has worked for others.

I got the pdf because I could avoid international shipping that way. The Teacher's Guide is 265 pages, but I only printed the beginning of the book that had the main overview. The rest is specific instructions for what to do with each grade level to incrementally increase the workload. Since I bought the workbooks, I didn't need that. I got the pdf files for the workbooks also and work directly from the computer, printing the student pages as we go. I've been totally happy with the pdf file instead of the book.

I got the pdf because I could avoid international shipping that way. The Teacher's Guide is 265 pages, but I only printed the beginning of the book that had the main overview. The rest is specific instructions for what to do with each grade level to incrementally increase the workload. Since I bought the workbooks, I didn't need that. I got the pdf files for the workbooks also and work directly from the computer, printing the student pages as we go. I've been totally happy with the pdf file instead of the book.

You can get the whole series from Amazon and The Book Depository in the UK, free shipping. That's where I got mine.:D

I prefer the paper copy. I got the workbook as well and my printer is very hard on ink and there are so many pages. The paper quality is lovely, too.

I didn't realize that it was available through those companies. I've actually been surprised, as I've been researching ordering for this coming year, how much is now available here. We've come a long way since when I first started homeschooling over here.

From experience I would say buy the book. If you are able to get a hold of the book. Now I got the pdf and shortly after getting it I have realized it is not our greatest fit. So since I have pdf I am out every bit I spent. I cannot even give it away.

If you are looking at getting the teacher's manual for WWE (the one that covers levels 1-4), and you are comfortable with using electronic files, go for it. I read the intro. sections when I got the book and then wrote out the narration/dictation info. for the weeks not included in the book. For instance, she gives you day-to-day instructions for week 1, and then says to do the same thing for weeks 2-4, then week 5 is laid out with a minor change and she says do the same for weeks 6-10. I might have preferred to get the workbooks for ease of use, but since I already had the teacher's manual in hand (and I have 3 children) I just spent some time going through our library and writing out the info. for the first 20 weeks (where necessary).

ETA: The TM is small, and no, there are no student pages to be copied out of it. You read a selection and then they narrate back or the write down the sentence. As I understand it, the workbooks are open and go and included pages for the writing, but it seems like you don't need both the TM and the workbooks.

Edited by SusanC
To answer your original questions... :)

I did hard copy of the workbook (WWE1) and PDF version of the student pages. I hate copying things, so this gives me the best of both worlds. :D

I'm going the textbook route this time (so I have hard copy of that - it's a nice hardback book), but if I were using the workbook again, I was probably going to just get the PDF version of the whole thing, now that I know the program is a good fit for us.