Menu

Rabbits...

We have a case of Lyme in the house, and frankly I'm sick of the number of wild rabbits we have, especially now that I know they can be carriers of Lyme. I grew up around plague, and I've never liked them. Now I'm out for them...

Do the Havaheart traps work? I have Eastern Cottontails.:glare:

Yes they work. You need the right size. You need to set them up correctly. Put in the right bait. The trap has two sides. We find it most effective to only have one side open.

Then have a good place to take the rabbits. Far far away. You can usually only catch one rabbit at a time. So you might be transporting a rabbit ever day. Also you want heavy gloves to wear when picking up the trap. Have a plan - are you going to put the trap and rabbit in your car? The back of a pick up truck is best.

Edited by OrganicAnn

I live in a semi-rural area and in a state that doesn't allow me to "relocate nuisance animals."

Back to square one. I'm going to call the Extension Office and see what they say.

We have several places where we think they are being sheltered, so I'll go to Tractor Supply and get repellent and then clear those out. One is under our tractor shed...arg.