Menu

Book Depository Question

I ordered two books at the same time from the Book Depository a couple of weeks ago. I got an order confirmation a couple of days later which said they were both shipped on June 6. This order confirmation has one order number for both books. Yesterday I received one of the books but not the other.

If the books were sent separately I would have expected two order numbers, not one. Does anyone have experience with the BD and is this how they operate? I'm trying to decide if I need to contact them now about the missing book or do I wait it out and expect the second book will come soon.

TIA

I have been getting very slow shipping from Book Depository all year. It used to take a week to get to Florida, now they are taking as long as 3 weeks. I even had one take 4 weeks.

I have called and asked them about this, but they say it is the fault of the American Postal system, and nothing they can do about it.

Yeah I just ordered 3 books from them at the same time and so far I have received 2 of them - on different days.Just waiting for the third. It seems really weird to me however I guess they must have some sort of "system" worked out to get the free shipping so I'm not complaining. My kids are loving all the cardboard wrappers :D

I'd wait a fortnight.

I just love hearing the word "fortnight" :). I hear it so rarely in this part of the world. I had a friend who didn't know what a fortnight was and thought that it was every 4 nights :lol:.

I have been getting very slow shipping from Book Depository all year. It used to take a week to get to Florida, now they are taking as long as 3 weeks. I even had one take 4 weeks.

I have called and asked them about this, but they say it is the fault of the American Postal system, and nothing they can do about it.

Same here. No, I cannot believe that it's just the U.S. Postal System, since this is my experience here in Grenada also. They ship it from the U.K. I think their service may not be as fast and efficient as it was ... I hope I'm wrong. I really wanted to order a few books before we leave for our trip, but didn't bother, since the last few orders took soooo long to get here. I'm just going to wait till we get back.