Menu

Does anyone use the Teacher File Box site?

Aconnolley

How do you use it? I saw that they have History Pockets material on there. I guess that you have to pull up one chapter a time? I am thinking that if I wanted several of the Evan Moore books that this might be a cost effective way to do it, assuming that they put the full book's material on there. Has anyone made good use of this site and made it worth your money?

Thanks!

Angela

Have it, use it, love it.

Very useful and I have found it to be well worth the money.

Joanna,

Do you have access to all of their workbooks, or just a select few from each grade? I am seriously looking at this. I am especially interested in if we would have access to their History Pockets.

:bigear:

If you have kids who like paper/cut-paste/worksheet-type activities, it's worth it. I like being able to narrow in on exactly what I need, and I also will turn DD loose on it when she wants something to do. But she's definitely a pencil, paper, scissors and glue type of kid.

You can search and view everything on the site without a membership. You just can't print.

The History Pockets are all there, along with the majority (maybe all?) of their other books. But, they are not there as an intact book. You would need to search for each project/chapter/topic found in a book separately.

I've spent a lot of time searching the site. I'm going to get a membership next time it's on sale through the co-op.

The one disadvantage I've seen is that once your membership expires they expect you to destroy all unused printed materials. I wonder if everyone actually does this?

You can search and view everything on the site without a membership. You just can't print.

The History Pockets are all there, along with the majority (maybe all?) of their other books. But, they are not there as an intact book. You would need to search for each project/chapter/topic found in a book separately.

I've spent a lot of time searching the site. I'm going to get a membership next time it's on sale through the co-op.

The one disadvantage I've seen is that once your membership expires they expect you to destroy all unused printed materials. I wonder if everyone actually does this?

I am now kicking myself for not buying it back in April or May when it was on HSB.:glare:

I have it and purchased it through HSBC - I really like it and we do use it. In the past I've purchased the books, but we never seemed to use enough of the material in the books (we're sporadic with doing worksheet type things), so the site, for us, is better since I can hone in on exactly what I need and not have to pay for stuff we aren't going to use. I also like that I can see all the content, in all the books, and pick-and-choose what we want, and that I don't have to stand for hours in the teacher's store paging through the books to decide what I am going to buy!

It also tells you what to search for to find the related activities, so it's really not bad. And I love being able to get a bunch of different activities in different formats for the same skill, especially for math.

Yes! LOVE it! I've been a member for several years now.

This bothers me. If you've printed out file folder games and such and then don't continue your membership year after year, are you expected to destroy the stuff you've created?:confused:

Maybe we could also destroy any unused brain cells!