Menu

What do I need to order with Easy Grammar??

Familyties

http://homeschoolreviews.christianbook.com/easy-grammar-grade-4-wanda-phillips/9780936981437/pd/981437?event=CPOF#curr

This will be my first year HSing so I need to start ordering my desired curriculum. My DS who will start 4th grade is going to do Easy Grammar. Upon looking to see what I need, I found a workbook, test book and another kind of book. It appears to be a writing book....someone please correct me if I am wrong. So please tell me what I need to all order. TIA!!

Smiles,

Jacque :)

Edited by Familyties
posting a link, adding name

My son just finished Easy Grammar 4. I bought the teacher book, the student book and the Daily Grams book. I didn't end up using the teacher book much. I am debating getting it at all next year. Not everyone uses Daily Grams. It was good for my son though. The everyday practice with capitalization etc was really good for him. I actually had my daughter do Daily Grams too, even though she was doing FLL. It took less than 5 minutes a day.

Angela

I just bought it for the first time this past year (the seventh grade book). I bought the teacher's book, the student book, and the test book. I didn't realize that the teacher's book has copies of the student pages, too (not sure if this is true for all levels). I really could have just bought the teacher's book and had the binding cut, then rebound or hole-punched as separate teacher and student books.... You only need a separate student book if you have an extra student or don't want to bother with having the binding cut....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I mainly use the workbook and teacher's book--I got the test book but haven't used it consistently. Also, the teacher's book does have all of the worksheets in it--I don't really like how it's set up, but some people do just get that and have their student work in that book. I don't like it because the answers are right there on the facing page. But I like the program otherwise! Merry :-)

• 12 years later...

I just ordered daily grams for my son , he’s going to be in fourth grade.    Is this enough?    Or do we need easy grammar also ? I’m trying to focus more on writing and history this year and need something super simple and quick for grammar.