Menu

Shurley English users

nknapp5

I was going to start VP and for grammar they use Shurley English. I am not familiar with this program at all. I was going to use it for my ds soon to be 7. We worked mostly on phonics and math this past year so I was wondering if I should start on level 1 or 2. If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it!

I'd start at Level 2. I just recently started using it for my kids (5 & 7) - a friend loaned us Level 1 and we used it for awhile and then I ended up buying it myself. Really, the only reason I went with buying Level 1 and not 2 was because I plan to use it for my 5yo as well. The 7yo is doing well with it, but if it were only him I would most likely have gone with the next level.

Is there a specific reason ohE that you like to use FLL and not Shurley 1?

That would be totally illogical. Even Shurley 2 is review. FLL is 1/2. I happen to have a grammar-phobe dd, so going into Shurley 2 was a painless option that built her confidence a bit. It also set us up for a nice progression with levels 2,4,6,7.

That would be totally illogical. Even Shurley 2 is review. FLL is 1/2. I happen to have a grammar-phobe dd, so going into Shurley 2 was a painless option that built her confidence a bit. It also set us up for a nice progression with levels 2,4,6,7.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.