Menu

X-Post: Teaching Co. DVDs--Do you buy the transcripts?

I'm thinking of acquiring a few of the Teaching Company's DVDs for use in history next year. When you've purchased any of the courses, have you also bought the transcripts? Are they useful? Do you recommend that I purchase them? If so, why? If not, why not?

Thanks.

I have somewhere around a dozen TC courses in a variety of formats (mostly DVD). I have never purchased the transcripts, chiefly because of the cost. The courses themselves are pricey enough even when on sale (which is the only way I purchase them), and I have never felt a need to have the transcript.

I'm thinking of acquiring a few of the Teaching Company's DVDs for use in history next year. When you've purchased any of the courses, have you also bought the transcripts? Are they useful? Do you recommend that I purchase them? If so, why? If not, why not?

Thanks.

I did for a science course that I purchased for my ds because he is visual and I thought it might be easier for him to refer to the transcript if he needs to find a piece of info. or review.

Now, that I have done it and have seen them, I probably won't buy them again. The books that come with the DVD's seem to be enough and the transcripts are spendy.

I am glad I purchased the ones I did, but I won't again because I can buy more lectures instead. :D

I would buy the audio version and the transcripts. (I hate being tied to a tv.) But when I called TC, they said the transcripts do not include the visuals.

If anyone has bought transcripts and found them to include visuals from the lectures, I'd love to hear!

yvonne